Complaint Review: Resumes Guaranteed

Resumes Guaranteed

Resumes Guaranteed Terrible Deceptive Service Internet

*Consumer Comment: The owner's response says it all

*Consumer Comment: Deceptive practice

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Resumes Guaranteed - Dedicated To Quality Client Service

I mailed a 2 page resume to Resumes Guaranteed.  I wanted this resume proofread and formatted.  The Service Professional responded to my email that I provided too much information and that it would not be possible to write this resume unless I paid them more money.  Do not be fooled by their advertised prices.  They will not perform the services that they advertise at that price.  They will request more money to complete the project.  Avoid this company and go with another service.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/11/2009 06:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Resumes-Guaranteed/internet/Resumes-Guaranteed-Terrible-Deceptive-Service-Internet-538039. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Resumes Guaranteed

The owner's response says it all

AUTHOR: Dan - ()

I checked this company out because they were runing a deal on Amazon in the last few weeks. I came across this report and saw the owner of this company typed in ALL CAPITALS...used dots - and dashes..liberally... and misused the word "complaint."

These are all things I'd expect from a casual or amateur writer. Whether or not the original complaintis true about their pricing structure, etc., I couldn't say. But if this is how the owner of a "professional resume writing" company is willing to portray himself in an online forum, I'd say I'm better off writing my own resume. Good luck!

Deceptive practice

AUTHOR: Jam06 - ()

I had to sign up and respond to this rebuttal,because this company should have been closed down due to their deceptive practices. Below is a review of this company's so-called guarantee.

At first glance, it appears that $99.95 buys a resume, regardless of experience. On closer inspection, the company notes: "Nominal surcharges of just $29-$39 are applied to resumes featuring high levels of experience. See our order form for details." Problem is, when you go to the order form, no details are forthcoming until you've plugged in your email address and initiated the ordering process.

The guarantee. Do you believe in fairy tales? This is a pretty one. If you don't land a job within 60 days of receiving your new resume, they will refund your money, pay you $50 extra, and still re-write your resume. Two problems: 1) there's fine print, and 2) try finding the fine print.

Actually, I found the fine print after clicking on a small link at the bottom of the page, under Terms of Service. Turns out, if you want the refund, you must show proof of having sent out the resume to a minimum of 30 prospective employers. Proof? Well, that would be certified mail receipts. Who sends out resumes by certified mail? And if you did, at $4.95 per letter at the time of this writing, 30 certified mailings would run you $148.00 -- more than the cost of the resume you're trying to get refunded.

Amateurish writing, evasive pricing, and a gimmicky guarantee that doesn't pass the smell test are three reasons I can't recommend this company.

STAY AWAY!!! They have now changed their name to ResumeWritingGroup.com

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Resumes Guaranteed - Dedicated To Quality Client Service

AUTHOR: Resumes guaranteed - senior management - (U.S.A.)

I apologize for the experience of the one customer who was told that we could not write their resume. Please notice that this person was NEVER CHARGED ANYTHING. The nature of the complaint is simply that our reviewer advised them that due to the complexity of their resume, an additional charge would be necessary...and then provided them with the option to proceed or to decline the offer. This only occurs with about 1% of the resume requests submitted to us each week. It tends to be the case when a client sends in multiple pages of in-depth information to be reviewed or has a special subject area such as a military or Federal resume. In fact, we have special websites dedicated to Federal Resumes (www.federal-resumes.us) and even to topics such as high-level executive resumes (www.exec-resumes.com). Each of those sites advertises slightly higher rates than our mainstream resume site, www.resumesguaranteed.com and our client services representative simply referred the customer who registered this complaint to one of those sites as their request was outside the scope of resumesguaranteed.com

99% of the clients who register with ResumesGuaranteed.Com receive full service for $99 and are more than satisfied. It is EXTREMELY rare that anyone is told their request will cost extra. We do apologize for the inconvenience and urge readers to remember that we are successfully servicing HUNDREDS of clients per week--- It is unfortunate...though..inevitable...that somewhere.. in years of doing that--- 1 or 2 people will find reason to complaint. No one has ever "lost" money with us--as we GUARANTEE work or your money back.