Complaint Review: Resurgent Capital , LVNV Funding, Capital Services, Ascent, Etc, Etc

• Submitted: Wed, May 27, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, May 27, 2009

• Reported By:decline to state New Mexico
Resurgent Capital , LVNV Funding, Capital Services, Ascent, Etc, Etc
15 S. Main St. Suite 600 Greenville, South Carolina U.S.A.

Resurgent Capital ,LVNV Funding, Capital Services, Ascent, Etc, Etc Another Resurgent fradulent collection Greenville South Carolina

I started receiving collection notices in February 2009 from Capital Services. When I disputed the debt and asked for validation, I was told that they were no longer "servicing" (yeah right) my account. My account was now with Resurgent. The original amount was over $10K, alledgedly this debt was incurred with OSI/Gulf State, a company I had never heard of. I then received another notice from Resurgent stating that I owed over $5400. Attached to this letter was a phony debt validation letter that did not contain any of the required information (that is because I don't owe them any money). I mailed a cease and desist in early May and then received a response that they were "reviewing" my account. There is no possible way that I have incurred this debt and I can prove it.

I have since sent a very scathing letter demonstrating that they have violated laws and have reported them to consumer affairs in SC along with the BBB. I am also forwarding all documents to my state attorney general. My last and final resort will be court and I am more than prepared to do that. These people are bottom feeders and everybody should know their statute of limitations and their rights. If not, look them up! There is a ton of negative information on Resurgent and all their shell companies on the internet!

Remonstranon
decline to state, New Mexico

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/27/2009 11:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Resurgent-Capital-LVNV-Funding-Capital-Services-Ascent-Etc-Etc/Greenville-South-Carolina-29601/Resurgent-Capital-LVNV-Funding-Capital-Services-Ascent-Etc-Etc-Another-Resurgent-frad-455779. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Resurgent Capital , LVNV Funding, Capital Services, Ascent, Etc, Etc