Complaint Review: Resurgent Capital Services / CBCS / LVNV Funding

• Submitted: Mon, February 25, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, February 25, 2008

• Reported By:Carrollton Texas
Resurgent Capital Services / CBCS / LVNV Funding
PO Box 163250 Columbus, Ohio U.S.A.

Resurgent Capital Services CBCSResurgent Capital Services / CBCS / LVNV Funding Debt collection fraud. Phishing attempt. Columbus Ohio

I received a "settlement offer" from CBCS on behalf of Resurgent Capital Services requesting payment for a nonexistent debt. They list the original creditor as AT&T Broadband LLC, with whom I have never done business.

The letter tells me to send payment for 50% of the alleged debt to settle the account. It further states that unless I dispute the validity of the debt within 30 days, they will assume it is valid. You've gotta be kidding me!

I knew I didn't owe the money, so I researched the company online and found countless complaints just like this one. These guys are bottom-feeders. Instead of sending them money, I have written a letter making it very clear that I believe they are attempting to commit fraud at my expense and that I will not tolerate it.

I am on my way to the post office now to send this cease and desist letter by certified mail. I will also be keeping a file containing copies of everything they sent and everything I'm sending, just in case they decide to keep trying. I suggest we all do the same so that there is a large body of evidence when the class action lawsuit finally happens.

KJ
Carrollton, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/25/2008 01:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Resurgent-Capital-Services-CBCS-LVNV-Funding/Columbus-Ohio-43216/Resurgent-Capital-Services-CBCSResurgent-Capital-Services-CBCS-LVNV-Funding-Debt-coll-311845. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Resurgent Capital Services / CBCS / LVNV Funding