Complaint Review: Resurgent Capital Services, LVNV Funding LLC

• Submitted: Tue, December 20, 2005
  • Updated: Tue, May 30, 2006

• Reported By:north little rock Arkansas
Resurgent Capital Services, LVNV Funding LLC
P.O. Box 5025 Sioux Falls, South Dakota U.S.A.

Resurgent Capital Services, L.P., LVNV Funding Ripoff trying to make me purchace a credit card to pay off a debt to MCI, that don't exist. Sioux Falls South Dakota

*Consumer Suggestion: Never fall for one of those Credit Cards

*Consumer Suggestion: Keep Reporting!

*Consumer Suggestion: Janice...

First I want to say I have informed MCI of this situation, and I have never had any services with MCI in my whole life, verified by president of my local MCI company. OK, for the scam.

They have my correct name, but they added a false middle initial, and gave me another complete last name I don't think anyone has but me, my address and where I stay is correct.

They start it off with you are pre-approved for a new VISA card, and you can reduce your debt by $37.01 of $297.01 owe to MCI.

When you call, they will ask you to verify the last (4) digits of your social security number, in which I did'nt. They should already know that if they bought your debt. "I would say."

If you are not interested in obtaining the card, you can contact them and they will set you up a cash payment plan(I DON'T THINK SO). This communication is from a debt collector.

Your card will have no available credit, but the remaining of your balance will be added to the card. (NOW IS THAT GOOD NEWS).

How can you use A CREDIT CARD WITH NO AVAILABLE CREDIT. THESE PEOPLE MUST BE FROM ANOTHER PLANET. OR I WAS BORN YESTERDAY.

SHAME, SHAME, SHAME, AND IF YOU ACT LIKE YOU KNOW WHAT THEY'RE DOING THEY HANG UP ON YOU. WANT TO SHARE THIS

JANICE
North Little Rock, Arkansas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/20/2005 03:44 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Resurgent-Capital-Services-LVNV-Funding-LLC/Sioux-Falls-South-Dakota-57117-5025/Resurgent-Capital-Services-LP-LVNV-Funding-Ripoff-trying-to-make-me-purchace-a-credit-168618. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Resurgent Capital Services, LVNV Funding LLC

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Never fall for one of those Credit Cards

AUTHOR: Harry - (U.S.A.)

Morons such as LVNV etc have been sending such credit card offers for quite some time as a part of their scam. They can produce no papers showing you are contractual obligated to some debt they purchased, and also the debt is probably out of the statute of limitations.

But, should someone fall for the credit card scam, that person indeed then is indebt to LVNV (or which ever agency). Also, it restarts the statute of limitations and can be reported as an open revolving account on credit reports (which would be illegal otherwise).

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Keep Reporting!

AUTHOR: S.n. - (U.S.A.)

You should also file complaints with the Attorney General's offices of SD and AR. Then go to the FTC website and file a complaint there as well.

#3 Consumer Suggestion

Janice...

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

I got one of those from Resurgent also, I renamed them Repugnant. See my post in this thread.

Have some fun with these morons!

Take that "credit card" app and fill it out with the ss# of a deceased friend or relative, and use the home and work #'s of the last person who really did you wrong, and then research the address of one of their affiliate offices and use that to have the card sent to! [Or just use the street address of the FTC].

This will get you lots of laughs.

I have fun with these morons!