Complaint Review: Resurgent Capital

• Submitted: Mon, December 01, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, December 01, 2008

• Reported By:raleigh North Carolina
Resurgent Capital
www.resurgent.com , South Carolina U.S.A.

Resurgent Capital Liars... paid off my account and I cant get a letter stating so Houston texas

I was out of work on workers comp for almost 2 years..during that time, walmart constantly bothered me for me to pay off my bill, even though i wasnt working. Eventually Walmart sent my $900 bill to Resurgent Capital and they continued to try and get me to pay, even though i didnt have the money to do so. well, with late fees, interest and whatever else walmart wanted to take on, my bill was up to almost $1700. When I finally got my comp settlement, i decided to pay this bill off, when it was cut down to about 50% of what i actually owed. I paid this bill in full on Oct 16, 08, and was told at that time i would be receving a letter staing the bill was pain in full. I've been waiting ever since. When I called to check on the letter a few weeks later b/c i hadnt received it, i was told that the letter wasnt automatically sent, and that i would have to request it, which i did again when i called back. Im not sure why a person wouldnt want a receipt or a payoff letter and why it couldnt be sent the first time but i again asked. Its now Dec 1 and still no letter, called again today and was told another would be sent out.

This company sucks. They were on my butt constantly about paying but cant keep up their part of the bargain by sending me a pay off letter. Once I get this letter I can contact the 3 credit bureaus and have them update the status on my accounts....

Hopefully Ill get the letter, if not i'll be calling them back and seeing who if anyone, i can report them too

Nymami
raleigh, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/01/2008 01:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Resurgent-Capital/South-Carolina/Resurgent-Capital-Liars-paid-off-my-account-and-I-cant-get-a-letter-stating-so-Houston-396537. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Resurgent Capital