Complaint Review: Resurgent Capitol Services

• Submitted: Sat, September 08, 2007
  • Updated: Sun, February 24, 2008

• Reported By:Ardmore Oklahoma
Resurgent Capitol Services
P.O. Box 5025 Sioux Falls, South Dakota U.S.A.

Resurgent Capitol Services Rip off Trying to collect a bill I paid 7 years ago Sioux Falls South Dakota

*Author of original report: Resurgent Capital Services

Resurgent Capital services has clained a crdit card debt from another company is now owed to them. Problem is I paid that credit card off 7 years ago in full and have never used any credit cards since.. I owe nothing.

Sam
Ardmore, Oklahoma

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/08/2007 03:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Resurgent-Capitol-Services/Sioux-Falls-South-Dakota/Resurgent-Capitol-Services-Rip-off-Trying-to-collect-a-bill-I-paid-7-years-ago-Sioux-Falls-273339. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Resurgent Capitol Services

AUTHOR: Sam - (U.S.A.)

Matter resolved. After reporting these people to the Better Business Bureau in Sioux Falls and to the Fair trade and colection agency of the federal gov. And to my syate attorney general they have now given letters to me and the better business bureau and the attorney general stating it was all a mistake and I did in fact pay the debt 5 years ago. so have a problem with them report them. It can all be done from you computer.

Resurgent Capital Services

AUTHOR: Sam - (U.S.A.)

Earlier I stated that resurgent sent me a letter stating they had bought a credit card debt from a card I got in 1995. I also stated I paid that account in full in the year 2000..I destroyed the card at that time and never used another. This is correct still..

Today I called Resurgent Services and a rep told me I would have to provide proof that I had paid the debt in the year 2000 of I still owed it. I have no proof after 7 years and a loss of all my records in the year 2003.. She says oh come on like I lie.. And then I ask her for info to get in tough with the company I paid off and she is rude. I get unhappy but not hostile. She starts being loud and I try to tell her I will go to the bank and get a copy of the check I paid with if they can still get me one.. She will not let me talk. She when I ask her to hold a second says I will not argue with you and hangs up and if I call the number again I am disconnected.

This is a total rip off and a shame that such practices are allowed to go on in this country.. I have no idea what to do now and there needs to be a legal way of stoping such things.

Resurgent is nothing more than a common scam company with bad mannered reps that should not be allowed to get away with its actions..Beware...