Complaint Review: Resurgent

• Submitted: Fri, October 05, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, October 05, 2012

• Reported By: Karen — Bath Maine United States of America

Resurgent Resurgent Capitol Services (?) current harassing phone calls for someone that used to have my phone # three years ago Internet

When I decided to have a landline at my home, I called my phone company at the time and was given a variety of choices for my second three digits. I choose one for my convience. It happens to have belonged to someone who defaulted on a debt. I have been trying for three years to get my number removed from the files.

It seems that the phone number attached to the original creditor's file (called a root number) will never be changed simply by me requesting to have it removed from the current collection agency's file.
The current collection agency will remove my phone number from their file, but when the file is sold to the next collection agency, the root information from the original creditor is what is passed on.

Result? The debtor doesn't get any phone calls and I'm harrassed weekly. The collection agency sells the bad debt to another collection agency and the phone number that is attached to the original creditor is the information that is sent on. Bad info and all. It never gets changed unless you are able to get that root number changed.

I have not e-mailed Resurgent yet. I plan to do that next and will report back as to my success.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/05/2012 08:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Resurgent/internet/Resurgent-Resurgent-Capitol-Services-current-harassing-phone-calls-for-someone-that-us-951187. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Resurgent