Complaint Review: Retail Services/Polaris Star Card

• Submitted: Thu, June 12, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, June 12, 2008

• Reported By:Elberta Alabama
Retail Services/Polaris Star Card
Dept. 7680 Carol Stream, Illinois U.S.A.

Retail Services/Polaris Star Card When I purchased my Polaris ATV, I never was told that it would be financed on a credit card Carol Stream Illinois

I purchased a Polaris ATV from Parker Polaris/Yamaha in Parker, Az. in Dec.,2005.

At the time of purchase, I was only told that they were having a "promotion" & there would be no payments for 6 months. At that time, the payments would be $69.00 a month.

Three months ago, my payments went up to $125.00 a month & only $50.00 of that is going to the principal. The interest rate I am paying is 17.90%. I was never told that I was buying the ATV on a credit card.

I have contacted Retail Services twice about this interest rate. My credit score is between 750 & 800. They said they didn't care about my credit score & they would not lower the rate.

I am retired & on a fixed income. Since the death of my wife, I don't receive her social security anymore. I guess I will just stop making payments & let them have it back. It will ruin my credit, I know.

I am used to getting kissed when I get it, but they want even scratch my back. Do I have any recourse on this???

Elberta, Alabama

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/12/2008 01:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Retail-ServicesPolaris-Star-Card/Carol-Stream-Illinois-60116-7680/Retail-ServicesPolaris-Star-Card-When-I-purchased-my-Polaris-ATV-I-never-was-told-that-i-339695. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Retail Services/Polaris Star Card