Complaint Review: Reunion

• Submitted: Sat, March 10, 2007
  • Updated: Sat, March 10, 2007

• Reported By:Erin Tennessee
www.reunion.com Internet U.S.A.

Reunion false advertising scam no refunds ripoff Internet

My wife was a free member for years and kept getting E-mails that someone else was looking for her. I signed her up for three years for $72, depending on the 'three day free trial' as a guarantee of satisfaction.
Within minutes, I had discovered that all the people searching for her were completely unknown to her, and NONE were from her school.

I looked further and found that only a handful of her over 500 graduating class were there, and they were all in the 'free membership'. There were no school conversations, no reunions planned.

We both agreed there was nothing of use here, so I tried to cancel her membership. I was given a phone number to do that. They said sure, they would cancel the membership, but NO REFUNDS. I asked about the three day free membership, and she siad "NO REFUNDS". When I pressed, she offered to change the three year membership to a one year membership, and only charge us $36 bucks. I declined, telling her I would pursue this with my credit card company.

I called MC and explained, they removed my authorization for the charge, and told me to protest it when it was posted to my account. I called Reunion.com again and started to explain to them how a charge back damages their company reputation, and they would be better to just cancel the charge, and she said "I know how it works!" I told her to be sure and cancel my account, she said she had.

steer clear of this rip-off outfit!!

Erin, Tennessee

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/10/2007 06:03 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Reunion/internet/Reunion-false-advertising-scam-no-refunds-ripoff-Internet-238726. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Reunion