Complaint Review: Reunion.com

• Submitted: Thu, July 24, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, July 24, 2008

• Reported By:Warwick Rhode Island
Reunion.com
2118 Wilshire Blvd., Santa Monica, California U.S.A.

Reunion.com Scam $5 Offer Beware! Santa Monica California

Reunion.com has an offer for $5 for one month of membership. This is in large letters on their offer pages. In much, much smaller letters, nearly hidden on the page is that this offer is for a full 12 months. When you sign up, you do not pay $5 - you are charged a full $60 up front!

In addition, they do not offer 24 hour buyers remorse. If you try to cancel, they will not refund. When I called to complain (and their contact information is buried in a multi-page FAQ page) they told me that customers are given the information that they cannot be refunded once they purchase a membership. THIS IS NOT TRUE. The information on cancellation of account is, again, buried in that multi-page FAQ page. It is NOT given to customers (even in the welcoming e-mail)

In addition, there is no e-mail address for cancellation and when a call is made, there is no option given for cancellation.

Also, when I called, I stayed on hold for 1/2 hour. The person I spoke to was very rude. The only option he would offer me was to discount the cost to $12.95 (the actual monthly price, according to him). He would only do that, he said, if I did not try to have the charges reversed through my bank.

I am a single mother, trying to make ends meet. I was seeking the address of an ex-spouse to give to a financial agency which needed verification of his address. I do not need this sort of aggravation. I want others to be warned not to get taken in.

Path
Warwick, Rhode Island

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/24/2008 12:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Reunioncom/Santa-Monica-California-90403-5784/Reunioncom-Scam-5-Offer-Beware-Santa-Monica-California-355216. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Reunion.com