fortune

• Updated: Fri, March 30, 2007

• Reported By:Lihue Hawaii
Reunion.com
reunion.com Internet U.S.A.

Jeff Tinsley - Reunion.com ripoff With this type of unethical advertising, how does Jeff sleep at night? Internet

I was marketed to by a box asking me to type in my name. When I did, it told me 2 people were searching for me. It ask for me to pay $60 to subscribe and reconnect. Unfortunately, I fell for it.
After paying, it became clear to me that I had been scammed. There was only one person searching for my very unique name. It was someone I'd never heard of from a place I'd never heard of and he was 102 and hadn't been online for over 2 years. This does not seem to me that it qualifies as "2 people actively searching" for me.

I began warning others on the site where you can post comments. I was instrumental in warning at least one new person a day, and didn't even want a refund as long as I could help others. But after 2 weeks, they began to block my comments and I can no longer warn others not to pay.

In the beginning, I felt like they probably offered a good service, but that their advertising lacked integrity, but after reading all the comments from disgruntled customers, I realized that the site sucks and is usually experiencing problems anyway.
How can I stop this from happening to others?

Robin
Lihue, Hawaii

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/30/2007 09:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Reunioncom/internet/Jeff-Tinsley-Reunioncom-ripoff-With-this-type-of-unethical-advertising-how-does-Jeff-s-241529. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Reunion.com