Complaint Review: Reunion.com

• Updated: Thu, December 11, 2008

• Reported By:Ashland Oregon
Reunion.com
Internet U.S.A.

Reunion.com Used my name, unauthorized, to invite people to join their service. Used addresses from my gmail accountl address book. I did not give them any addresses. Internet

I received an email supposedly from my daughter-in-law, saying she had posted pictures I could view on the Reunion site. I signed up, then couldn't find her at all. She did not send me an invitation.

Then I started getting email from friends saying they had received invitations from me, signed up, and couldn't find me on the site. I hope they all contacted me before they paid any money.

I did not send any invitations or give out any addresses. I gave my gmail email address when I signed up.

I don't know how they can use the addresses from our gmail account. We transferred these addresses from our other email when we were having problems with our regular server.

Now I am receiving daily messages from Reunion telling me how many people are looking for me. However, they won't give me any information without payment. When I signed up they asked for information like; all schools attended, maiden name, last four or five places lived, etc. Therefore, they can make an invitation sound very personal.

I don't know how many people from my list actually paid money to this company, but I resent them using my name to scam my friends and family!

Mari
Ashland, Oregon

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/11/2008 03:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Reunioncom/internet/Reunioncom-Used-my-name-unauthorized-to-invite-people-to-join-their-service-Used-addre-400409. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Reunion.com