Complaint Review: Rev. Sammie J. Edwards Sr.

• Submitted: Thu, July 26, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, March 05, 2013

• Reported By: Skrdlandlord — DeLand Florida United States of America
Rev. Sammie J. Edwards Sr.
113 Spring Lake Drive DeBary, Florida United States of America

Rev. Sammie J. Edwards Sr. Sammy Edwards or Samie Edwards Deadbeat Tenant Alert DeBary, Florida

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: J.P. and SHARON DEWHIRST (LIARS)

Do not rent to Rev. Sammie Edwards and his wife, Shawntara Edwards. They pretend to be honest Christians (he's a minister). But they will lie to your face and threaten harm if you try to stand up to them. They obtained my rental under false pretenses by using an alias and having friends pose as previous landlords who gave glowing reports. They needed a place immediately, so we didn't have time to check them fully.
The truth is that Sammie Edwards aka Samie Edwards, aka Sammy Edwards has an arrest record for unemployment fraud and check fraud. They are professional renters and scam artists who know the system.
Sammie and Shawntara signed a  one year rental agreement but stopped paying after the 2nd month. They now owe us  thousands of dollars in rent and had to be evicted because they would not leave on their own. Yet, they felt entitled to steal furniture, cabinets, shelves, and curtains. They left 84 holes in the walls, and the carpets were disgusting. They left the house and yard a mess. Yet, they felt we were disrespectful because we insisted that they pay their rent.
Please avoid doing any business with this couple. They lack integrity and have no problem skipping out on their creditors.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/26/2012 04:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Rev-Sammie-J-Edwards-Sr/DeBary-Florida-32713/Rev-Sammie-J-Edwards-Sr-Sammy-Edwards-or-Samie-Edwards-Deadbeat-Tenant-Alert-DeBary-Fl-918049. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Rev. Sammie J. Edwards Sr.

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

J.P. and SHARON DEWHIRST (LIARS)

AUTHOR: Sam - (United States of America)

I have been praying and fasting about this report. Upon learning of these false accusations, I was truly hurt by these individuals who has no integrity about themselves at all. My wife and I NEVER went to them in desperate need of a place to rent/lease. We met this Non Christian couple through a mutual friend who was told by Sharon Dewhirst and her husband, J.P. ( he wouldn't never tell us what the initials stood for), that they were investors and had purchased the house at 113 Spring Lake Drive in Debary Florida. They stated that they wanted someone to lease with option to purchase in a year. My wife and I were more than qualified purchase this home, but due to the housing market during this time, we opted to lease. I have letters from every landlord that I have ever rented from and they will be more than happy to rent/lease to us again. This couple was hurting for money and they were extremely upset that due to my two adult children moving out and going to college, we decided to break the lease after talking with these owners. I have contact numbers for anyone that I have rented from or even dealt with on a business level, and they will be more than happy to tell you what type of people we are. Even in our home town, no one believes this report, however, when you are dealing with someone who has no business savvy, ethics, or morals, this is usually the outcome. My family and I was the best thing to ever happen to 113 Spring Lake Dr, Debary, FL according to the neighbors. Sharon doesn't have a job and J.P. says he works from home on his computer. She wears the same clothes everyday which tells me how much she really cares about herself. J.P. walks around with no shoes on and they have SIX DOGS, THREE CATS, and TWO BIRDS all residing in their home. If my wife and I had known this, we wouldn't have NEVER moved into their home. We NEVER stole shelves, furniture, or put holes in their wall. We have pictures of the home when we moved in, while we lived there, and also when we moved out. I WOULDN'T ADVISE ANYONE TO DO BUSINESS WITH SHARON OR J.P. DEWHIRST IN DEBARY FLORIDA. Also, as you probably know, we do have an attorney on this. Yes, I currently serve as a Pastor of my Church and we haven't lost any members due to these false accusations. If questions should arise, I give anyone permission to contact me and I will be more than happy to inform warn you about these LIARS, SHARON and J.P. DEWHIRST IN DEBARY FLORIDA. In closing, if you drive by 113 Spring Lake Dr, Debar, FL you will see that the house reflects the type of people the Dewhirst' are.