Complaint Review: Reven Media

• Submitted: Mon, September 25, 2006
  • Updated: Thu, July 14, 2011

• Reported By:Waller Texas
Reven Media
2620 S. Marylande Prkway #859A, Las Vegas, Nevada U.S.A.

Grant Writer Pro, Reven Media Ripoff! Unauthorized, fraudulant billing Las Vegas Nevada

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: NOT US! WE ARE A MARKETING COMPANY!

*UPDATE Employee: Resolution Offer

In an effort to help a friend find funding for his worthwile business venture, I ordered the Grant Writer Pro CD offered for $3.97. I received the CD but put it aside for a while.

I put the CD in my computer and the installation process requested a username and password. I had never heard of such and had no idea what these might be!!

I went online and Googled Grant Writer Pro to see if I could find any information on getting a username and password. I didn't find what I was looking for, but I did find hit after hit about this being a sham, a ripoff, a fraud!!!

One of the links was to ripoffreport.com, so I clicked on it. I read report after report of others who I ordered the CD and then had unauthorized charges show up on their bank statements. I then checked my bank statement!

To my horror, sure enough there was a charge of $29.95 for Grant Writer Pro, just as the others had said happened to them.
I did not in any way, shape, or form authorize this company to charge me $29.95 or even $1.00 beyond the cost of the CD.

Now I find out that this happens every month!!! My quest has begun to retaliate against this company, Raven Media, and get these charges removed from my bank account.

My only solace is knowing that I am not the only one who fell for the charlaton's scheme!!

John
Waller, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/25/2006 11:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Reven-Media/Las-Vegas-Nevada-89109/Grant-Writer-Pro-Reven-Media-Ripoff-Unauthorized-fraudulant-billing-Las-Vegas-Nevada-212621. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Reven Media

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

NOT US! WE ARE A MARKETING COMPANY!

AUTHOR: Reven Media Owner - (United States of America)

This original report is obviously nearly half a decade old but I wanted to make it clear to anyone seeking services from Reven Media, LLC.  OUR company (Reven Media, LLC) is a marketing firm specializing in direct response marketing via web & telecommunication for the financial industry and was established in 2010 (4 years after this original report was filed).

I hate to see bad stuff online because anyone can write anything about anyone but I wanted to make sure we are not getting lumped into this report.  So to anyone out there seeking OUR services for marketing or job opportunites, this is a totally different report on a totally different company! We can provide references for anyone interested, and I can assure you that we are a great group of people. We have never sold CD's or Grant Writers EVER but apparently another Company with a similar name has. Bad timing on thinking up a clever company name I guess.

Thanks for reading, and if we look forward to hearing from you.

Resolution Offer

AUTHOR: Ryan - (U.S.A.)

First of all let me offer my sincerest apologies to John. There are no commitments with the free product. There is a bonus free trial period to the membership websites that accompanies the free CD and we do our best to disclose this as it is stated on the sales page, the order page, the confirmation page and in the confirmation email. The trial period is free for 14 days and we would not have charged John had he cancelled during the trial period. It is not our desire to bill clients who do not want the membership after the free trial offer.

I have located John's account and the charges he is disputing have been fully refunded as of today.

If you are another customer that is reading this and you feel that we have failed you in some way please call me directly at 435-773-1795 or email me at ryanr@wskc.org and I would be happy to address your concerns ASAP.

Sincerely,