inevitably

Complaint Review: Rexhall Industries

• Submitted: Mon, July 18, 2011
  • Updated: Thu, January 17, 2013

• Reported By: Michael — Fairfield Idaho U.S.A.
Rexhall Industries
46147 7th St. West Internet United States of America

Rexhall Industries Rexhall R V Service Buyer Beware - Class A Motorhomes with No quality control, major safety issues and will cost you more than you pay for it. Internet

*Author of original report: Crazy! Crazy! and Untrue!

*Consumer Comment: Lemon lawsuit against Rexhall 2003

*Author of original report: Rexhall is trying to recover

*UPDATE Employee: A Gross Misrepresentation of the Truth

Since the purchase of this New Rexhall 2007 Rose Air RV the following has been replaced by me, my extended warranty or insurance: On the 7 year old chassis that Bill Rex used when making this 2007 new RV the starter, wiring harness ($11,000 pd by rexhall), air bag sensor ($750), alternator ($800), most of the hoses ($320), chassis air conditioning ($1200), 4 tires ($500 ea), power steering hose ($650). This company no matter what name it is, if Bill Rex is running the company he builds a very unsafe and poorly constructed RV. He has no quality control and a majority of his workforce can not speak English. Now let's cover problems with this so-called RV. He uses PVC pipe to guide the electrical wires in and out, with the slide-outs.  The RV is now being repaired properly by a reputable RV facility. Parts have been falling off or causing major damage outside and inside his quality built $234,000 RV. [continued below]....
..... The current estimate to repair this RV into a functional and usable unit is about $45,000. His interior is made of cheap contact paper, the Electrical Management System doesn't work and the inverter I bought and his crew put in, cost me another $350 to make it work. The slide outs leak along with the innovative awning. The wiring had to be redone in order to keep the breakers from breaking. The new heater and dryer they put in had to be repaired. This RV has 5978 miles on it and has been slept in 45 nights.  On his web site, he boast's of a quality built and safety in his RV's.  That is a very long stretch.  He displays the sign of the fish on each of his RV's, don't believe it, he can't even purchase this RV back from me, he would rather see us stuck on the side of the road.  Beware, beware, beware don't buy even a used one from this guy.  He filed bankruptcy just so he didn't have to pay my lemon lawsuit I had against his company.  Additionally, he didn't have to pay his suppliers who in good faith provided materials for his product.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/18/2011 04:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Rexhall-Industries/internet/Rexhall-Industries-Rexhall-R-V-Service-Buyer-Beware-Class-A-Motorhomes-with-No-quality-c-754620. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Rexhall Industries

Crazy! Crazy! and Untrue!

AUTHOR: Michael - (USA)

Nothing was ever said about being a Vietnam Vet, except in front of the Mediator and lawyers at the hearing.  This RV was one bad deal, regardless of the agreement between the seller and manufactuer,  Rexhall still had a responsibility for insuring this RV was road worthy.  I paid $176,000 for a pile of junk.  At the final repair facility in Coos Bay, Oregon, it was found that the main coach wire had been mis-wired and was causing all the circuits to keep breaking.  Most of the repairs at Rexhall, the final time they had their hands on it, cost me well over $2,000 and still they want to lie about it.  As I have said before, anyone wanting to do business with the company, should reconsider unless you have lots of time and money to fix all the things that will be wrong.

As for the Gentleman in Chicago, I'm sorry for your troubles, but thanks for your validation of having difficulties with Rexhall.  Because of them, I moved out of the country and have had to give their pile junk back to the bank.  Unlike Rexhall, who continued to do business during their bankruptcy, I had to cease my RV life, since they would not own up to their poor product and take it back. I hope this new recession will end Rexhall's operation for good.

Lemon lawsuit against Rexhall 2003

AUTHOR: Tec2step - (United States of America)

I bought a band new 2000 32' rose air. I had so many problems I finally filed a lemon law suit in 2002. Settled in 2004. I lost alot of money on the Rexhall and recouped very little.
  Once I had to drive the RV to Lancaster where it was made,  from Illinois almost 2100 miles, they offered to fill my propane tank for the drive. I must have spent 20  nites at Lancaster getting things fixed. It was repaired in Petaluma Ca for 3 days and another 3 days in Ill and 3 days in Mesa, that is when they actually had dealers that would handle there coach.
  My time spent on deposition onces in Chicago, twice in Valencia Ca and court in Lancaster, now that made me feel like I had a chance to win a case in there backyard:(((. In arbirtation they threatened to sue me if I didn't pay them $15,000 for filing the 1st suit in Ill. My attorney asked me to switch the suit to Ca.  Because  Rexhall's attorney convinced the Ill court to throw out all documents of repair that was not done in Ca. Then I had no choice but to refile in Ca.
     After 1.5 yrs of court process, my attorney said I could sell the unit. By then I had lost $1000 in time and repair costs, I estimate about $30,000 plus a lot of time. I settled for $15,000 and the attorney took $7K of that. They do make a very good looking coach I have talked to many that had good luck with Rexhall, I did not. So anyone thinking of buying a Rexhall remember you may spend a lot of time in Lancaster getting the thing repaired. I should have had a camping membership for Lancaster area.

Rexhall is trying to recover

AUTHOR: Michael - (U.S.A.)

This company is trying to recover from the bankruptcy that was caused by my lemon lawsuit.  One month after I went into mediation hearings ordered by the court Rexhall filed for bankruptcy and included my lawsuit in their bankruptcy, this can be verified by Norman Taylor law firm in Glendale, CA.  Rexhall made an agreement between the seller and themselves to put new coaches on many chassis they had sitting behind their construction area.  Rexhall had purchased at least 10 close out chassis from Spartan in 2000 and left them sitting in the desert until they had a call for them.  I have spoken to several folks who like me purchased the coaches made by Rexhall, and everyone has had major problems not only with the chassis but the extremely poor workmanship of the coach protion.  This company would not even answer a complaint filed by me with the BBB, so they can spread there lies and try to blame someone else for shady deals, but the only name on the coach is Rexhall and not the dealers.  If I was producing a product for the public, I would not let a major safety issue go out the door.  Yes, I have filed complaints with the NTSB and RVIA, along with the consumer branch in California and Federal Govenment.  I agree they did replace my wiring harness at a cost of $11,000 but all the other issues would have made me want my coach back had I been Bill Rex.

A Gross Misrepresentation of the Truth

AUTHOR: Rexhall - (United States of America)

Rexhall Industries is a family owned company that has been in business for 26 years, has thousands of satisfied customers and an unparalleled safety record.

The 2007 RoseAir diesel motorhome that this report is concerning was sold to a dealer without warranties or representations for $87,000 as is.  Allegedly, this dealer misrepresented this coach to the customer as a new coach and sold it as if it was under warranty.  This dealer did eventually file for bankruptcy.

The majority of the statements made about Rexhall in general and the condition of this coach in particular are untrue and even if they were true the coach was not under warranty and Rexhall had no obligation to perform any work gratis.  However, in an effort for good customer relations, despite the fact that we neither sold the coach to the customer nor did we make any warranty representations, we agreed to supply approximately $18,000 worth of free parts for the chassis.  Rexhalls service center also did thousands of dollars worth of free work on this coach after the customer stated he was a Vietnam Vet.  Unfortunately, the old saying that no good deed will go unpunished seems to fit in this case.

Customers are welcome to check with Department of Transportation (DOT), National Highway Safety Administration (NHTSA), or Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) for proof of Rexhall's safety record.  As for the slanderous remarks regarding the religious beliefs of Mr. Rex we will leave those up to God.