Complaint Review: Reynolds Metering Services

• Submitted: Tue, January 15, 2013
  • Updated: Mon, January 28, 2013

• Reported By: TODD — Hartford Arkansas United States of America
Reynolds Metering Services

Reynolds Metering Services Hired me to read meters in Fort Smith,now they owe me 2 months pay and will not respond to me, Internet

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Sorry you were victimized

I was hired via internet to read meters at commercial properties out of Fort Smith Arkansas.the agreement was 30 days net,witch meant I would get paid monthly about the same time I was to take reading again.I have taken the readings since September and have only been paid via paypal one time for Septembers readings.I have sent emails and left messages and they refuse to respond.I will no longer take the readings.They still owe me 3 months pay though.This is a sixty mile round trip for me and I have expenses for fuel,maintenance,and time.I do not understand why they would do this to people.It is so wrong in so many ways.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/15/2013 02:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Reynolds-Metering-Services/internet/Reynolds-Metering-Services-Hired-me-to-read-meters-in-Fort-Smithnow-they-owe-me-2-months-997353. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Reynolds Metering Services

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Sorry you were victimized

AUTHOR: Meter Chicane - (United States of America)

Sorry to learn that you have joined the ranks of us that have done work for Reynolds Metering Services, Brian Reynolds, and Melissa Reynolds and have not be paid for the services provided.  It seems Reynolds Metering Services has a business model built on that. Hopefully one day someone will shut them down for fraudulent business practices but until then  there are a couple things you can do

Contact the Property Managers

If you had a good working relationship with the property management of the sites you were servicing, call them as ask "I was just wondering if you were happy with my services or of there was some reason I am not aware of that Reynolds Metering Services is not paying me?"

The property management should be informed that your not getting paid.

Contact Reynolds Metering Services Client

Given that your in Arkansas, Reynolds Metering Services largest client for that region is Hocutt Inc.
Chances are most or all of the properties you were reading were read at the behest of Hocutt  Reynolds Metering does not work directly for the property, instead it contracts its reading services through third party billing companies.

Most of the properties and thrid party billing companies do not know Reynolds Metering Services is Using Contract Labor,  they think Reynolds has a vast network of actual employees, not contractors like yourself

Most of these companies are upstanding and would not want to be dragged in to this PR Nightmare.

Contact the Better Business Bureau

File a compliant with the BBB about Reynolds Metering

File in Small Claims Court

Small Claims is a informal court that does not require and attorney,

While you still may not get paid,  this increases the time you have to collect and increased the number of legal tools you have to pressure them with, including putting the debt on collection reports as a judgement,etc.

Above all else,  dont stop attempting to get paid,  send a email out every day demanding payment,  call at least 1 a week, send a letter/invoice at least once a month

The phone call and email are free, just costing you a little time.  The letter is also very low cost.  You may annoy them enough to get them to pay you something anyway.

Also know that your far from alone

Good Luck.........