Complaint Review: Rhapsody

• Reported By: sclptr721 — Tomkins COve New York
Rhapsody
main st Internet USA

Rhapsody Rhapsody is ripping off millions Pakistan Internet

Rhapsody is ripping off millions of consumers with there business practices. If you download thousands of dollars of music and they loose your music library you have no recourse beware of spending money with them. Even after having a subscription with them for 9 years they will do nothing to refund your money or are able to get your music back. I had downloaded from Cd's that I own and were on my computer into the Rhapsody music library in my account. Recently I had try to open and use some of my play lists, what I found was that all the tracks that I had downloaded and paid for through Rhapsody, and my personal music that I had downloaded and imported into the Rhapsody system were lost.

After I spent three hours on tech support with someone that barely spoke english and argued with me that I had to contact the company that I bought the music from to get a license to hear it, they could not understand and refused to even acknowledge the fact that a CD was able to be purchased, nor would they acknowledge that music that I had purchased from Rhapsody and Rhapsody had lost the licensing for was in any way recoverable for me.

Basicly if you purchase an album from Rhapsody and Rhapsody looses there licensing from the original artist, you too loose access to that album even though you paid to buy it from them! That is fraud! If you go to say Best Buy and purchase a cd and pay just a few dollars more it is worth it, because Rhapsody is scamming the entire world by selling music that they can not guarantee how long you can listen to it.

Furthermore, if you down load your music to rhapsody and they loose the licensing for that album, you can no longer listen to it on Rhapsody. Not to mention that when you spend thousands of hours making your play lists and downloading your music, they have glitches in there software, ultimately when they lost my entire music library they were only able to restore my playlist! Then I had to drag and drop my playlists into the library, only to find out that once my music was there, everything i had downloaded from my computer that was music I owned no longer works in Rhapsody. Even if they have the albums and they are accessible and downloadable from there lists, you will have to manually download each song from there system again re-make all your play lists and duplicate your time and energy to get it to work.

So any time Rhapsody looses a license for music regardless if you have down loaded it from a cd you own, Rhapsody takes away your ability to listen to your music.

Rhapsody is a total scam and your only recourse is to spend hours on the phone with someone that barely understands english from a third world country that there sole purpose with tech support is to wear you down and make you so infuriated that you hang up. In my case I spoke to an idiot named Mohammed that gave me every excuse in the world why Rhapsody was not responsible, regardless he contradicted himself on a number of occassions. When I asked to speak to his supervisor I repeatedly asked for one half hour because he was unable to fix the problem.

Take back your music dump rhapsody and teach them that customer service and tech support is important and that they cant hide behind a sand dune and the internet and completely rip off the entire world with there constant denial of responsibility. We as Americans need to start a class action lawsuit against Rhapsody for ripping off millions of customers world wide, if it can be done we as Americans can do it!

Rhapsody is a rip off scam!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/20/2013 09:19 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Rhapsody-/internet/Rhapsody-Rhapsody-is-ripping-off-millions-Pakistan-Internet-1060672. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Rhapsody