crossed

• Updated: Thu, February 02, 2012

• Reported By: Denise — Belleville Illinois United States of America
Rhapsody

Rhapsody Rhapsody*Napster Napster still taking my money for nothing Internet

On Dec 1st Napster was "absorbed" by Rhapsody -much to my surprise. I received no notification of the maneuver until I tried to sync my MP3 player in mid-December. The log-in page for Napster now required me to log-in with Rhapsody and insured my Napster purchases were now in Rhapsody - not so.

In January I noticed (after purchasing the Rhapsody Premier Package for $9.99/month) that I was still being billed $14.95/month for Napster. I sent an e-mail to Rhapsody customer service and they informed me that the Napster account had to be closed to stop the billing. This, of course was impossible to do since Napster is no longer accessible. I was re-imbursed for one month of Napster (even though they charged me for December also) and they closed the Napster account.

Although I can still access all my past purchases from Napster for playing purposes (they're in my hard drive music library), none of these tracks can be downloaded on to a CD (which is why I purchased them in the first place). Every playlist I created is now gone and if I want to burn anything in my library, I'm prompted to make a purchase! I've already bought these tracks - why should I buy them again?

Beware former Napster users!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/02/2012 08:22 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Rhapsody/internet/Rhapsody-RhapsodyNapster-Napster-still-taking-my-money-for-nothing-Internet-832721. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Rhapsody