Complaint Review: Rhino Developement and Roofing

• Reported By: crookedroofingcompaniesbeware! — Missouri
Rhino Developement and Roofing
1037 S Big Bend Blvd st louis, Missouri USA

Rhino Developement and Roofing Failed to pay subcontractor st louis Missouri

I was looking for a company to perform storm repairs to my clients homes.  I had been given Rhino's name by an friend in the media to check out. After meeting with the Owner, David Gordon, he promised me weekly base for sales and would deduct from future commissions as I turned in business. I had several customers waiting for me to find a good contractor.  I had noticed that Rhino had performed some free repairs on customers home and had an apparent good standing in the St. Louis community. So, I figured I would be paid for sales as agreed and my clients would be handled properly.

After signing an agreement with David in Nov. 2012, I met with my clients and turned in several contracts to Rhino. All went well for a couple weeks, I was getting paid the agreed weekly base.....until Rhino's pay check bounced! Then the weekly pay stopped. I tried to find out why, considering I had given them $10's of thousands of free business! The owner of Rhino became unreachable and had me only contact his office staff.

After corresponding with the office staff for weeks and some eventual "heated" discussions....I was informed I would not receive any more pay.  I then was contacted by an attorney, claiming he represented Rhino.  This attorney said I was to no longer contact Rhino and to only contact him.  This I feel was a scare tactic but I agreed and he would handle a compromise with the Rhino.  Well it didnt go as agreed. I was told I would receive a response by the next day (which I stilll have the emails)....it didnt happen! It was over a week later when I finally received an email claiming paid commissions and that now I owed money back to Rhino! HUH? This email about commissions didnt match the other emails that I recieved before the attorney got involved.

During the roof replacement, the front porch had been collapsed on one of my client's home.  Because the roof on the porch had to be repaired, they claimed it had caused the one of my jobs not to be profitable. I have been in this restoration industry for nearly 8 years and never has a salesman been backcharged for damage caused during repairs/construction. This is why a company carries insurance to cover these problems OR it is back charged to the crew(s) that caused the damage.

The crew blamed the supply company that delivered the product and the supply company said it was caused by the crew.  Rhino tried to get the supply company to handle the damage but they refused for lack of proof. Now that no one took blame for the damage, I was the escape goat and was refused the rest of my rightful pay.  By my estimates, Rhino owes me around $1000 in unpaid commissions! If Rhino Development and Roofing is a truely ethical company, they need to take care of the people that keep them in business, the salespeople!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/06/2013 09:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Rhino-Developement-and-Roofing/st-louis-Missouri-63117/Rhino-Developement-and-Roofing-Failed-to-pay-subcontractor-st-louis-Missouri-1048722. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Rhino Developement and Roofing