Complaint Review: Ricardo's Gems and Jewelry

• Updated: Thu, July 19, 2012

• Reported By: ivebeenhad — Maryland United States of America
Ricardo's Gems and Jewelry
Timonium Maryland Internet United States of America

Ricardo's Gems and Jewelry Sold jewelry to jeweler -supposed to return my stones--kept them. also gave him antique earring to repair. he put them in new setting and kept the antique settings and stones Internet

I took my jewlery to Ricardo's Gems and Jewelry to sell my gold and have him return the stones to me.  He paid me for the gold but did not return MY stones to me.  He gave me a small box of chipped and damaged stones that were not mine.  In particular kept my large aquamarine and my large jade, many of my  brazilian garnets, my lapis stones and the stones from my aquamarine bracelet and many other stones.  In addition, I was 63 years old at the time and I left a pair of my grandmother's antique 18k gold earrings with white sapphires so he could retip (repair) the prongs.  I told him I did not want the stones polished.  When he finally returned the earrings to me, it was obvious that he had put some stones in a smaller 18k gold setting.  I knew they were not mine because the screw on backs were so much smaller than mine were and the stones were smaller and more on the blue side and there is no evidence that the prongs had been retipped.  He denied keeping my stones and he denied stealing my grandmother's earrings.  I called him and he told me they were cheap stones that is why they wer chipped.  Then he told me to come in and look through his box for the stones.  Then he told me he had gotten rid of everything.   I have had my grandmother's earrings for over 30 years and the stones from my personal collection for over 20 years.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/19/2012 10:04 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ricardos-Gems-and-Jewelry/internet/Ricardos-Gems-and-Jewelry-Sold-jewelry-to-jeweler-supposed-to-return-my-stones-kept-th-914369. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ricardo's Gems and Jewelry