Complaint Review: Ricart Automotive

• Updated: Thu, February 21, 2013

• Reported By: Dan43147 — Pickerington Ohio United States of America
Ricart Automotive
4255 South Hamilton Rd. Columbus,, Ohio United States of America

Ricart Automotive They say it's a mistake, but I think it's a scam Columbus, , Ohio

I bought a 2012 Ford Focus from Ricart Automotive in May 2012. One of the things I was told was that my new Ford Focus only needed an oil change every 7000 miles. This made me happy because I had always been changing my oil every 3000 miles so I was going to save some money on oil changes.

I took my car in after 6785 miles and had the oil changed. When I got home I looked at the sticker on my window and it said my next oil change at 11785 which is only 5000 miles between oil changes. So I called the service manager and explained what happened so he sent me a new sticker.  He further explained that their sticker printer was only capable of adding a maximum of 5000 miles. (So I'm thinking bull Pup)  This new sticker indicated my next oil change was due after 14365 miles, which would have been more than the recommended mileage. So I decided not to bother calling the service dept. again. However If they always print oil change stickers with less than the required mileage they are cheating their customers.

Next I get a computer generated call fro Ricart telling me I have a scheduled appointment for the next day. Since I didn't make an appointment I called and asked why they are doing this when I didn't make an appointment. I accused them of poor business practices and asked to speak with a manager. I explained how they have hurt their credibility and I wondered what others thought about Ricart's business practices? I found that I was not the only person to complain about these phone calls and that my name would be taken off this list. That was yesterday and today I received another computer generated phone call along with two emails about my missed appointment, the one I didn't make.

Next I went to Ripoff Report just to see what if anything others may have said.

I now have their phone and email blocked so I will not be bothered with them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/21/2013 11:25 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ricart-Automotive/Columbus-Ohio-43215/Ricart-Automotive-They-say-its-a-mistake-but-I-think-its-a-scam-Columbus-Ohio-1017999. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ricart Automotive