Complaint Review: Rich Whyle

• Updated: Fri, November 09, 2012

• Reported By: David — Toronto Ontario Canada
Rich Whyle
2957 100th Street Urbandale, Iowa United States of America

Rich Whyle Richard Whyle Direct - Scam Artist - Marketing Specialist - Urbandale, Iowa

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: REAL SSplayer

*Author of original report: Hello SM

*Consumer Comment: He has struck again

I contacted Rich Whyle for his marketing services in August 2012.

He seemed to be running a marketing company which I was interested in hiring to bring two of my latest new products to the USA.

It is important to mention that his associates were Jennifer Whyle, and Meredith Norton.

After receiving a contact and confirming a deal with all the details I sent to his office.

1. Product samples -  312 pcs
2. Consignment products - 156 pcs
3. Marketing material - around 650 pcs
4. Customer contact list and notes - excel - emailed
5. Product #1 Sales Training Material
6. Product #2 Sales Training Material
7. Rich Whyle Steel cards
8. $1000 Sign on Cheque

Right after cashing my cheque I got an email that his office was closed.
Below is a copy of the email.

"I would like to thank all suppliers and customers for the relationships we have had over the years. Unfortunately, due to the economic situation currently in the United States, Whyle Distributing has closed its doors and has filed for chapter 7 Bankruptcy. We wish you all the best in moving forward in your business endeavors.

THIS IS A AUTOMATED MESSAGE AND THE INBOX IS NOT MONITORED, AND AS SUCH, WE ARE NO LONGER ABLE TO REPLY TO ANY EMAILS.
Sincerely,

Whyle Distributing"

My total loss is $3726.

Richard Whyle, Jennifer Whyle, and Meredith Norton.
You will surface again, and when you do, I will be there.

SSplayer

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/09/2012 01:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Rich-Whyle/Urbandale-Iowa-50322/Rich-Whyle-Richard-Whyle-Direct-Scam-Artist-Marketing-Specialist-Urbandale-Iowa-966980. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Rich Whyle

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

REAL SSplayer

AUTHOR: The Real SSplayer - ()

I don't know who posted this email address, but I am the one who posted the first review, and we did resolve this issue along time ago. Unfortunately reviews can't be removed from the site.

I do not know if this "SM" is a scammer or what, but I think he was the one who tried to use my information. Mr Whyle did file bankruptcy, but he was in touch with me after that was through and helped me secure right at $57,000 in new business.

I feel bad that I posted this and didn't wait, as things did work out.

Hello SM

AUTHOR: - ()

Hello SM.

I am the one who posted the first situation.

My email is ssasupplies@hotmail.com

He has struck again

AUTHOR: Bare - (USA)

Hi

We were defrauded by Rich Whyle and Knoll Foods in a similar way late last year. Do not trust this individual. We paid a $2,500 retainer to this company for broker services to represent our food company, and provided to him considerable samples and marketing materials. No work was ever commenced by him or his company, and I believe that he intentionally misled us from the start as there never was an intention to enter into a business relationship in good faith.

After many emails saying that work was soon to be started, I happened to come across Rich at a Food Show, where he admitted that no work had ever been started and that he would pay back our retainer. Unsurprisingly, he emailed a couple days later saying that he would not be paying this back.

Please comment below if this has also happened to you so we can be in contact.

Regards