Complaint Review: Richard Grove - Ric Grove - Attaboy Family Entertainment, Sacho The Clown

• Submitted: Wed, January 05, 2005
  • Updated: Wed, January 05, 2005

• Reported By:Orlando Florida
Richard Grove - Ric Grove - Attaboy Family Entertainment, Sacho The Clown
32 Lincoln Avenue Waynesboro, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

Richard (Ric) Grove - Attaboy Family Entertainment, Sacho The Clown Dead-Beat Non-Paying Agent refuses to make payment due, answer phone calls or emails. Rip-off! Waynesboro Pennsylvania

Ric Grove hired my husband in late October to perform as Santa Claus for a December 4, 2004 AmSouth Bank Grand Opening in Orlando, Florida. After failing to follow up with a contract or 50% deposit, I contacted him by phone and email December 2 to let him know that without his follow-up "Santa" would not perform.

The very next day (Dec. 3, 2004) I received a call from Ric Grove apologizing for the delay and stating that it was because he just got out of the hospital with a stroke, that his wife had left him, and that he was going to have to sell his big expensive house and begin working as a clown again. He appealed to me to please understand and that he was writing a check to me then and there and putting it in the mail that very day.

I felt sorry for him and my husband went to AmSouth the next day and performed as "Santa" for 4 hours for the grand opeining event on good faith that this was an honest man going through a tough time in his life.

Today is January 5, 2005 and we are still waiting for that check to arrive. Ric Grove has not answered any of our phone calls or email inquiries since. I sent an additional invoice after the event that he has also ignored.

It seems apparent that this man lied to us and took advantage of our good faith. He qualifies in our book as a dead-beat agent and I hope we can help prevent someone else from being ripped off by this dishonest man.

Orlando, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/05/2005 10:39 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Richard-Grove-Ric-Grove-Attaboy-Family-Entertainment-Sacho-The-Clown/Waynesboro-Pennsylvania-17268/Richard-Ric-Grove-Attaboy-Family-Entertainment-Sacho-The-Clown-Dead-Beat-Non-Paying-A-125901. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Richard Grove - Ric Grove - Attaboy Family Entertainment, Sacho The Clown