Complaint Review: Richard Kennedy

• Submitted: Sat, May 31, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, May 31, 2008

• Reported By:Galveston Texas
Richard Kennedy
924 West Houston Tyler, Texas U.S.A.

Richard Kennedy misleading Tyler Texas

Back in December 27, 2006, Mr. Kennedy sent a letter to me telling me that my brother whom was convicted of a felony sexual assault of a child was actually innocent and should not have been given 99 years in prison. He told me that there were several conflicting testimonies in the girls and her mothers testimonies and that there should be a misstrial or there should be a new hearing in my brothers defense.

There was no evidence to prove that my brother did this to this girl. My brother had several witnesses who were not allowed to trestify nor were they allowed to be in the court room when all of the trial was going on. Also, there was a personal conflict with the DA's investigator he was my brothers ex-wifes husband and when my brother told the attorney he was told to shut up.

The mother testified that she was in the room at 5:30am, the girl said that the incident happened at 5:30 am. You can see why I am very upset, very hurt with the legal system. When I contacted the attorney's office the lady, Lauren, told me that the DA and the judge were out of control for election time and that someone should stand up to them.

My brother was and is innocent and because I have no money to hire a better attorney he is forced to serve the 99 year sentence which was handed to him. Also how was the DA able to go in the jury deliberation room while the case was still be presented. I know that I probably will not get any help but someone out there has to have a heart, someone has to understand what my family is going through.

My brother has 3 young daughters and they could all tell you that he is not that type of man that the court reported him to be. God said the truth will set you free but how can that be if no one will listen? I have emailed everyone that I know, anyone that would listen and still no response. I have documents from all his attorney's and from the police report that proves he is innocent. Even another attorney who is retired said that he (my brother) was given a wrong sentencing from misrepresentation.

Dianna
Galveston, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/31/2008 07:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Richard-Kennedy/Tyler-Texas-75702/Richard-Kennedy-misleading-Tyler-Texas-336100. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Richard Kennedy