Complaint Review: Richard L. Hargus, E.A.

• Submitted: Tue, July 31, 2007
  • Updated: Mon, October 29, 2007

• Reported By:Richmond Virginia
Richard L. Hargus, E.A.
P.O. Box 294790 Phelan, California U.S.A.

Richard L. Hargus Tax Resolution ripoff Phelan California

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Response to correct information...

I started working with Richard L. Hargus in March 2005. I paid him $2600 to assist me in resolving my tax issues with the IRS. He assured me that he would be able to resolve this matter withing 6 months.

Initially, we working together in order to resolve this matter. I was able to reach him and he assured that he was working on a tax plan with the IRS. After the 6 months I still had not received anything were he was communicating with the IRS on my behalf.

I continued to receive tax bills stating that the tax matter had not been resolved. I spoke with Mr. Hargus and again he reassured me that he was handling the situation and not worry.

I moved at the end of that year and for 6 more months I was unable to reach Mr. Hargus by telephone. My calls were not being returned. A month ago, I received a letter from the IRS stating that a tax levy was being administered on my assets. I spoke with Mr. Hargus and again he reassured me that this was not supposed to happen and that he would take care of it.

To date, this matter has still not been resolved and my accounts are all frozen. I left this matter in the hands of Mr. Hargus and I am still owing taxes including the interest that doubles what I did owe initially.

Wanny
Richmond, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/31/2007 11:10 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Richard-L-Hargus-EA/Phelan-California-92329/Richard-L-Hargus-Tax-Resolution-ripoff-Phelan-California-264362. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Richard L. Hargus, E.A.

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Response to correct information...

AUTHOR: Richard - (U.S.A.)

I was an employee of TRA (Tax Relief Associates) for a period of time. However, I left that company due to a disagreement with the owner regarding his handling of clients and tax matters. The owner of the company was basically trying to inhibit my ability to work client cases, and I did not like the direction that the company and owner seemed to be headed. Please be clear of the fact that I was an employee only and received a salary from that company. I was not an owner or a partner and recieved no monies from clients. When I left TRA all cases that had previously been assigned to me should have been transfer by them to another one of their other employees, as the cases belonged to TRA and upon my leaving I had no access to client information or client files. In fact, my contract strictly prohibited me from trying to help any clients of TRA upon my resignation. Some time after I left, I heard that employees showed up to work one day and were told that the business was closed.

I left TRA long before they went out of business. Occasionally, the IRS would contact me with a TRA client's file and want to go over information regarding the case. As I said, when I left TRA, they should have reassigned your case to another employee to handle. In fact, I was only there, according to your days, a very short time after your initial signup...which explains why your correspondence with me was good at that point. That's because after that time, I was no longer there. I found that the owner of TRA had fradulently signed my names to things and I believe that other employees may have tried to use my name and ID number. There have been several investigations regarding this matter.

When I received a call or letter from the IRS regarding one of TRA's client, I had to inform them that I no longer work for TRA and request that they remove me from TRA's Power of Attorney.

I hope this information is helpful.