Complaint Review: Richard Mark

• Reported By: Woke up in Time — Johannesburg South Africa
Richard Mark
Ramkhambeang. Bankgkok Internet United States of America

Richard Mark Ric. Rick Conman targets older single woman Internet

It seems as if Richard Mark has changed his story some what. This is my experience.
Single, older women, please be very careful if this Mr Richard Mark contacts you.
l received a message on my Facebook Profile saying that he would like to chat to me as "it appears very interesting and I Decided to Drop you a note. I don't know how to start, I have not done this before, please pardon me if I am not doing it the right way. But I really like to know more about you if you are single." and so on. l thought it may be fun chatting to someone. He said in a follow up message "I am 52  years oldie work as an Architect for about 28 years now, I am Widowed for 5years.Mom is a Mexican and I was Born and raised in Mexico. I have lived in Brooklyn New York for 24 years now. I am 5ft11 tall, blond hairs and Blue eyes. [continued below]....
..... I am a hopeless romantic; I enjoy cuddling up on a couch with someone whom i have strong feelings for. I am sensitive, sentimental, compassionate, and caring, and can be moved to tears by something highly emotional"
we chatted for a while, then he started to say that he was falling in love with me and that l was the kind of person that he wanted to marry and grow old with. Then he offered to relocate me from South Africa to Brooklyn to live with him.
Then he went to Bankok on business and asked me to contact him on the Yahoo instant chat messages. He also asked me to phone him and sms him. l told him that it was not possible for me to do that. This declaration of undying love continued. l knew someone was not right when ever l asked him anything personal he did not answer me. He never said he had any children or any information about himself. He sent me some pictures of himself and told me he drove a BMW then sent me a picture of a Volkswagen. The next thing was he sent me a airline confirmation of a booking to visit me in South Africa. He said that it would be better if he stayed in a hotel until we got to know each other better and then l could fly back with him to New York. His business dealings in Bangkok would be concluded at the end of the month. During this time he called about 10 times and always called me sweetheart or baby or my love. Then l received a call from him was him telling me he was going to the bank to cash a money order and he would add $10,000 dollars to come to South Africa. l received an email with a copy of the money order for $198,000 dollars. He called and asked me to please log onto Yaholl urgently. Which l did. He said that the bank would only release his money in 5 or 6 days and that the Manager at the hotel was pressing him to pay his bill. Then came the crunch..... Would you please do me a favour ?? Please send me $10,000 dollars so that l can pay the hotel bill. My one word answer was NO.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/21/2012 11:43 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Richard-Mark/internet/Richard-Mark-Ric-Rick-Conman-targets-older-single-woman-Internet-871752. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Richard Mark