Complaint Review: Richard Owen Bruner

• Submitted: Tue, January 08, 2013
  • Updated: Tue, January 15, 2013

• Reported By: MonaLisa — Twentynine Palms California United States of America
Richard Owen Bruner

Richard Owen Bruner Tower Entertainment Group Claimed CEO of Tower Entertainment Group scammed money for an erroneous film project titled: Surveillance Internet, Internet

*Consumer Comment: Mr. Richard Brunner and Ryan Yerrick

*Author of original report: True Business provide proof or reimburse

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Response from Richard Owen Bruner about Monalisa Infante and Kickstarter

*Author of original report: Ignorance is bliss

*Author of original report: Warning signs of a scam artist

In March 2011 Rich Owen Bruner a claimed CEO of Tower Entertainment Group placed a craigslist add asking for pledges on a movie project titled "Surveillance" through a legitamite project sight known as Kick Starter (see www.kickstarter.com/projects/1357435109/the-surveillance-film-project). He further asked for pledges and made several promises to include: a return invesment, oppoortunity to be a producer on the project, and various other bonuses such as limited edition DVD, four tickets to the film, credits etc etc. After he raised  over 10,000 dollars he claimed to reschedule the film further in date due to casting problems, location problems, etc. He then asked for more pledges and after having 27 listed backers (see kickstarter.com) he then successfully raised his funding goal March 25, 2011. After his delays and other reasons for not beginning the project I contacted him via email and he responded that he ran out of money for the project and was working on another film and would continue with the Surveillence film when he was able to get more funding. I recently contacted him via email and his email stated that it was changed. The project was closed on kick starter and it seems as though he has been attempting to scam others in similiar projects. I was interested in pledging and being part of a project I believed in, I gave this man my trust that he would indeed refund the money as promised if he did not complete this project, and that I would be given my investments or rewards if the project was successful. His gaurantee was bogus, his project in my opinion was not legit, and he is still out there ripping off innocent civilians. I saved my money and worked hard to earn every penny and I will be very motivated to make sure that this scam artist does not continue scamming other innocent victims or even displaying himself as some CEO when in fact he is a rip off con artist. Thank you for your time and your ear.  If anyone has a similiar experience with this man please contact me as I am motivated to stop his malacious actions. (((REDACTED))) @yahoo.com

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/08/2013 04:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Richard-Owen-Bruner/internet/Richard-Owen-Bruner-Tower-Entertainment-Group-Claimed-CEO-of-Tower-Entertainment-Group-sca-993529. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Richard Owen Bruner

Mr. Richard Brunner and Ryan Yerrick

AUTHOR: IPM - ()

Please be cautions of these individuals for they just got my corporation for over Eight Thousand Dollars.  Lies, non payment, deceit, Mr. Brunner, Mr. Brunner .... We will find you, prosecute you to the fullest extent and make sure that you do not do this to other individuals again.  It will only be a matter of time.

True Business provide proof or reimburse

Mr. Bruner,

This is the most communication I have had with you since I gave you $1,000.00!!!!!!! I love this site for the simple reason that I have been able to express the facts and give proof that you have a history of this behavior. I also found an additional report on here yesterday where you did an add for a contest ( I also found your add on u-tube) and then you collected $100.00 from a woman and (probably many others) and then did not run the contest and made a similiar claim to them that the contest was unable to be successful and then you lost contact with them (sound familiar with your so called movie-Surveillence).

It does not take a scientist to study human behavior. Bottom line is that you have a history of taking money from innocent people who are trying to become investors in legit projects, enter a legit contest, work for a legit business, or are trusting honest people that trusted you with their money. I do not have to trash you because your history and reputation follow you. I am not insane (although I have a masters degree in Psychology and work with the mentally ill as a volunteer), nor mad (I am a forgiving catholic), nor ignorant (I also have a masters degree in Business Management). I am a well educated, military woman (11 years active duty Navy and 4.5 years in the Navy reserves) who made the mistake of trusting your "word." So hence do not promise to give me profit in a future project or promise to answer questions via face book or an email address that is not the way business should be conducted.

If you are an honest business man you will:

Reimburse the $1,000.00 you took since you could not deliver the product (movie) or you will provide legit proof that the movie was shot, the cost for the movie that was spent with reciepts for the time period that I invested $1,000.00. For all I know I may have paid several months of your mortgage to the house you own, a new wardrobe, a new Bose system for your car or home or a mini vacation to Cabo San Lucas with margaritas and flautas.

Any person reading all these post and my response would feel that I am asking for a very fair outcome. As you yourself admitted you: took my money, lost contact, and have not provided proof of a so called movie project that you claimed you shot. So please reconsider this and make things right so that people reading this can see that although you made a mistake you corrected it and od the right thing. By contacting you on facebook I will not accomplish my goal of resolving this issue because you go round and round and off topic. So please for your own reputation and if you are truly a legit business man let us come to a conclusion. Stay focused and:

(a) provide my reimbursement
(b) Provide proof: copt of what you shot, reciepts during the time you shot the film, and proof you really had a real cast and a real set.

Thank you and hope we can get ths resolved or court action will be taken.

Respectfully, M. L. Infante

#3 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Response from Richard Owen Bruner about Monalisa Infante and Kickstarter

AUTHOR: Richard Owen Bruner - (USA)

Lisa, you are acting insane.  You are running off at the mouth on a public forum, trashing me.  You are trying to make yourself sound like a victim, when all along nothing here has changed.  If you know all this stuff about me, it seems that I must have been pretty accessible, huh?  You say I disappeared for months.. when was that?  When I deleted you from my Facebook because we had never met?  You used to comment on my Facebook page DAILY.   If that upset you, I am soooo sorry.  You act like I never told you what happened with the project, like it came out of the blue, like you never were informed, or got an email. or like it just happened.  You are not the only person who lost on that project.  I did.  You did.  Other people did.  And you are running off at the mouth saying, if you are a businessman you repay your debts.  I already told you, more than once, I would bring you in on a future project this summer, how is that not repaying the debt?  It just seems to me that you are acting like a scorned girlfriend or something.  Yes, I am indeed a businessman, and I have been involved in a lot of business ventures.  Some good.  Some bad.  Some made money.  Some lost.  That is business.  Yes.  I have owned a chain of pizza buffets, I owned the Dayton Gems hockey franchise, I owned a burrito shop, a coney dog shop, started 3 web based business, and produced three feature films.  Yes.  I also went to Indiana University for medicine, studied at Penn Foster for veterinary medicine.  I graduated from South Side High School in Fort Wayne, IN., in 1990, and still own a house in Fort Wayne.

No.  To correct you, I have never been a music producer.  I have been, and still am, a talent manager, who has worked with music clients.  Someone who is trying to scam you, Lisa, does not give you their background info.  They don't become friends on Facebook.  I have ALWAYS been able to be contacted, or for you to message me about things.  I do not know why all of sudden, nearly a year and half later, you are acting this way.  I understand you are OBVIOUSLY angry.  But I am not all the mean things that you keep posting here about me.  I have made some mistakes in my life, and in my business transactions, yes.  And I take responsibility for that.  You want to hate me, go ahead.  You want to call me names, go ahead.  You already contacted me on Facebook this week, I responded, twice.  So you have requests you want?You want me to give you some sort of proof?  Fine.  Contact me again, via FB or email.  But I am done doing this posting back and forth on this forum.  Oh, and yes, I have been reported here on Rip Off Report before!  Twice actually.  Once from a man who is still a very good friend of mine, Dan Holmes, who can be found on my Facebook page, who is someone I know and have met.  He and I had a disagreement about some money and he took to this website.  Since then, it was reconciled, and we remain friends.  But things on this site never get deleted.  The other time was an angry employee who was terminated, who knew about the post from Dan, and thought he'd try to make matters worse for me.  When you are in the public eye, and visible, with a lot of projects and activities, you meet a lot of people.  And if a project goes south, you can make a lot of people mad.  And that does happen in business.  But a con artist does not disclose that info.  A con artist hides.  I am not hiding from you, now, or ever.  So, you know how to contact me, other than this website, so if you need proof, or whatever else you require, contact me.  I will not respond on this site again.  If you do contact me, I will speak with you then, if not, best of luck to you..

Ignorance is bliss

Mr. Bruners or Mr. Owens or Mr Alias man,

I am a grown woman who has deployed and served her country honorably so my friend I believe you need to follow your own advice. If you handle your business by constantly insuliting others than you have a lot to learn in life. Their is evidence in your history and I have included references to other "rip off reports" against you, therefore my point is well made that after your shafted me for for $1,000 I researched you on the web and found these complaints filed against you. Hence, if I am ignorant as you state in line 2 than it is because I trusted a clever con artist. Besides insulting me and making promises of one day paying me back in one of your so called investments there has never been a legit contract or written agreement on your part. Like I stated before this has only begun. I am hoping to reach out to the others that you took money from and pursuing action against you in the civil court of law. I am in the process of seeking information however I started at the lowest level, giving you a chance to clear this up and to provide me with receipts or documents proving there was actually a movie that was actually shot (which I doubt because on kickstarter you kept posting that it was post poned, then you couldnt find a cast, then you magically said you ran out of money trying to shoot the movie) when in fact there was never any proof because in your agreement you said we could go watch you shoot the movie then all of a sudden you disappeared for months at a time and now you are magically here however cannot provide any proof or any receipts or any valid anything. So who is the real immature ignorant person now? If your are real and you are legit how can go from a pizza owner, to a hockey owner, to a music producer, to a movie producer, to now a notary man what are you? Do you have credentials? I know you claimed to have studied to be a vet for animals but even that its just a claim you make. So if you are legit and you are real and you are who you say and you did in fact lose money on that so called movie where is the proof? All I ask is for proof of how you lost my $1,000.00 again its the principal of the situation. If you could not deliver what you promised than you should be held responsible to pay back the debt. No emotions attached this is business. No hard feelings if you are a true business man and a striving producer than produce some proof or pay back the investment I made if you did not suceed in producing the movie you promised. Thats called business management 101. So friend please stop insulting me with your lack of intelligence and produce something so we can end this dilemma.

#5 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Response from Richard Owen Bruner about Monalisa Infante and Kickstarter

AUTHOR: Richard Owen Bruner - (USA)

You know what, believe what you want to believe, I do not care anymore.  I am not going to try to explain things to an ignorant person who doesn't even know the difference between "sight" and "site."  If I was a master mind scam artist like you claim, I think I would have figured a way to "scam" more than 30k.  Managers at McDonald's make more than that!  I have always been available to answer your inquiries; and you're just an angry pissed off person because you lost some money in a movie venture that didn't work out.  I am sorry for that.  But I told you I would make up your investment on a future project, so yeah, whatever, that makes me a scam artist too.. Fine.  Grow up.

Warning signs of a scam artist

Def. of a scam artist-

1. Scam artist are great master minds and find out loop holes to trick people to giving their money in return for many promises.

Example: Rich Owen Bruner made promises he did not deliver and utilized a reputable sight (Kick Starter to do so), he then accused the sight for making false claims (read his above poorly written message line 8). Bottom line is he took money from innocent people spent it and did not produce a movie------I do not consider this a success as he does in above line number 15. I have also filed a report against him on this sight.

2. - Scam artist have many disguises so if they fail to make you fall for one scam it will only be a matter of time before they come up with a plan for another scam.

Example: After Mr. Bruner deleted me from his FB last year, deleted his email account and only had a disconnected number listed I began to reseearch him online and came across a rip of report filed on him in the past. See report date 11/25/2008 926 PM, titled "Rich Owen Group ripoff Beverly Hills California." and "1 1/29/2012 12:50 AM Richard Owen Bruner,
Richard Owen, Owen Brunner, Be very cautious he is slick, convincing and a great liar Ft.Wayne Indiana" This is how I was able to follow up on your latest career as as a Notary man in Indiana.

3. - Reluctance to give out references of other people whom the company or scam artist has provided services.

For example: Mr. Bruner you never gave any other references to other people that provided pledges. Nor did you prove that you did not receive the $30,000 pledges that was listed on Kick Starter.

4. Reluctance to give a plan how your funds will be invested.

Example: Mr. Bruner you have never supplied me with how my hard earned $1,000 were spent. I hope you enjoyed them because I will enjoy making sure no one else gets their hard earned money scammed from them. That was money I saved from a deployment I did to Kuwait. So if any one needs big girl pants (as you stated in line 22 of your rebuttel) I will happily donate mine to you. Step up to the plate and send my $1,000 that you spent or man up and admit that you ripped me off. Pretty easy to see I am not upset just motivated to protect other innocent people out there and to pursue this situation. I serve my country in the military to ensure people have their freedom but I despise those who are professional con artist that use that ability to prey on others.

5.  A very friendly and outgoing personality. The scam or con artist will try to win you over with his charm and good nature. He will do any thing to make you trust him and strike when you least expect it to. He is like a wolf in sheep's clothing!

- A good actor. They act out their part very well and almost to perfection. You may not even realize that you are dealing with a con artist.

- They sound very accommodating and willing to help. Of course they will be willing to go the extra mile to help you and help themselves succeed in carrying out the scam.

- Scam artists have a very calm and control nature. They tend to play the reverse psychology game with you and put you on a spot. They are good at controlling you and getting you to do what they want.

reference:

Mr. Bruner as I have discovered ur promises are as good as my dogs droppings. You are a classic definition of the word scam artist. When I sent you a FB message in it I asked the status of the movie and I also told you that I wanted to pledge more money towards your projects and like a maggot you quickly responded to me even offering a few projects in the near future. You took the bate and believe me I will find others you have scammed and I will devote time into reseearching how to get justice.

I do not care about the money I care about the principle. I devoted my life to service of country and to protecting those who are weak to prey like you. Mr. Wolf in sheep clothing if you were truly an honest man then I would not have to pursue you for my hard earned money you would do the the right thing. As a matter of fact even if you donated that $1,000 to a good charity it would lighten my heart. However from your above poorly written rebuttel it stands clear that you are in fact a scammer.

#7 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Response from Richard Owen Bruner about Monalisa Infante and Kickstarter

AUTHOR: Richard Owen Bruner - (USA)

People are so quick to throw around the words SCAM and CON ARTIST when they don't get what they want!  Just because the outcome is not what you expected, does not mean the other person is or was a SCAMMER or CON ARTIST.  I kept in touch with Monalisa Infante on Facebook, until I deleted my account because I had over 4,000 friends, many of which I never met.  A few months later I created a new account just for people I had met.  That is when she and I lost touch.  She posted this Ripoff Report on Jan. 8, and then decided to message me on Jan. 9, which I replied to the same day on Facebook.  CON ARTISTS do not keep in touch.  CON ARTISTS take your money and run.  As I explained to her, and now have to explain to all of you, Kickstarter did not work for us the way it claimed to.  Since the amount that shows are "pledges," and the peoples cards are not charged until the project is successful, sometimes many of the pledges don't go through. We had $30,000 pledged and only ended up getting $12,000.  We shot a portion of the scenes, but did not have the funds to finish the film. It remained in lingo.  Kickstarter funds are only refunded if the campaign on Kickstarter is not successful, it was, so the funds were not refundable - per Kickstarter.  It was a valuable lesson, and a hard lesson learned.  And I will never use Kickstarter again. Additionally, they took 5% in fees, and Paypal took another 3.5%. I do have several projects in development that I am seeking money on.  That is what I do.  I am a low budget movie maker.  But just because you put money into a film and it didn't work out, doesn't mean the person is a SCAMMER and or a CON ARTIST, Lisa!!  Put on your big girl pants and be real.  Don't go throwing eggs at people just because you're mad.  It's not right.  As I have said to all those who pledged money on that project, when I can pull them in on the my next film for profit share, I will.  And I will keep them informed, just as I have everyone else.  That doesn't mean we are talking on a daily basis, but you can contact me, and I with you, when I have something to report.  You just have to send me an email, or call me.  My email and phone have always been available to her.  So I hope that explains it. The hardest part of low budget movies is stretching the money far enough.   It is not an easy task.  It is not an easy job finding the money in the first place.  The last thing I want to do is make someone upset about investing.  I want to make the movies, make profit, and get them to invest again.  But things happen -- especially in the world of low budget movies.  So, next time, we hope to get more than we need.  I'm so Sorry you felt I scammed you, Lisa, but I did not -- and have not -- and will not.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC