Complaint Review: Richard Owens Nursery

• Updated: Fri, January 25, 2013

• Reported By: L. Ann — Dayton Ohio United States of America
Richard Owens Nursery
2300 East Lincoln Street Internet United States of America

Richard Owens Nursery Exciting Gardens Waited 2 months for delivery, then waited a further 2.5 months for a refund, which was only issued after I filed a credit card dispute. Internet

Maybe my situation was a fluke, but after looking at other people's similar reports, I don't think it is. Here's what happened: I ordered $134 worth of plants and seeds in early September, 2012 and my credit card was immediately charged on the 11th of September. Two weeks later, I emailed asking for a status as I had heard nothing. They emailed back stating that the orders were about to go out and I should have mine soon.

I still had nothing by 10/18/12 and so emailed again to cancel the order. (these are garden plants and it was starting to frost, so I didnt want to try and get them in the ground) They told me on 10/23/12 that I couldnt cancel as the order had gone to the shipping department and was irreversibly scheduled to ship. I said that was fine and would return the package.

When I received the package on 11/7/12, I immediately returned it that day, unopened to the Post Office and refused the package. I emailed the company that very day and told them it was refused and would be coming back. They acknowledged that and said to please allow 2-4 weeks for a refund.

As of 12/30/12, I still had no refund, 8 weeks later. So I emailed again. They told me that they had received the return but there was no correspondence in the package (which of course was unopened as it had been refused) to tell them what to do with the return. I replied that there was indeed email correspondence with customer service and that I wanted my refund. On 1/4/13, they replied that they would issue a refund in 1-2 weeks. That never happened.

So, I finally filed a dispute with my credit card company (go Capital One!!) and they got my money back for me. Richard Owens tried to issue only a partial credit of $120 and Capital One had to get the rest of it from them. At least they issued a credit and this is resolved, but what a hassle.

I feel I was more than patient with Richard Owens Nursery, worked with them as much as I could and finally had to solve it by disputing it. I'm filing this report after searching the internet and seeing dozens of other people have had the same problems as me with this company. I don't like seeing this sort of thing going on and feel that by reporting it to the public, the company will perhaps improve whatever problems with their internal systems have created this situation.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/25/2013 09:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Richard-Owens-Nursery/internet/Richard-Owens-Nursery-Exciting-Gardens-Waited-2-months-for-delivery-then-waited-a-further-1003219. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Richard Owens Nursery