Complaint Review: Richard T Koritzer

• Submitted: Wed, July 27, 2005
  • Updated: Thu, July 08, 2010

• Reported By:Pasadena Maryland
Richard T Koritzer
7367 Furnace Branch Road Glen Burnie, Maryland U.S.A.

Dr Richard T Koritzer Dentist ripoff, liar, old, weird, red caution flag alert Glen Burnie Maryland

*Consumer Comment: My experience scarred me for life

*General Comment: Sorry you got bad vibes

I got alot of bad vibes visiting Dr Koritzer and his dirty looking little office. There isn't any room for an assistant to watch him in the main examining room. He could try and get away with doing anything without someone peering over his shoulder. If looks could kill this guy would be a dead ringer. You know how doctors always insist on sticking their finger up your rear end first before doing anything else when making an emergency food poisioning visit? Dr Koritzer wasn't wearing a glove and starts out by sticking his finger in my mouth as if probing me instead of my teeth. I felt like he lied to me about a tooth and it's condition and what would be needed to repair it. I could be wrong about Koritzer, and my vibes may be deceiving me or misleading me. I'd like to believe anything is possible. As this report now stands I could be in for a long and hurtful experience by local dentist. One of the members in this group has set me up with some rip-off problems exaserbating any and all faults of mine. Dentist could be seeking big time revenge against me for these reports, and are now wanting to really show me how angry and hurtful they can become. I have to doubt dentistry can kill and cause great pain. What's a patient suppose to do to defend or protect himself from tortous deadly dentist? Do you really think the court's commissioner's office is gonna listen to this rant or protect me from further abuse? What's in it for a lawyer except the money I am willing to burn? You can't prove anything in a court of law as it's all chalked up to a judges vibes about a law suit. I don't feel comfortable letting what happened go, and I don't feel comfortable around dentist after getting what I perceive is a raw deal by them over the last ten or twenty years. If I were a dentist I would bet causing real pain and suffering would change a protesting person's mind and might cave in from time to time trying to stop patient objections. Heck I wonder how long any of us have with these newbie or not dental doctors who could kill you without blinking having full access to your mouth and killer community diseases that are worse then the black plaque? Yeah I'm real scared of these people, infact I am now terrified of dentist.

David
Pasadena, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/27/2005 03:20 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Richard-T-Koritzer/Glen-Burnie-Maryland/Dr-Richard-T-Koritzer-Dentist-ripoff-liar-old-weird-red-caution-flag-alert-Glen-Burnie-151394. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Richard T Koritzer

My experience scarred me for life

AUTHOR: RB - (United States of America)

My experience with Dr. Koritzer was approximately 33 years ago, and because of him I have a crippling phobia of all dentists.   I was about 10 years old when my mother first took me to see him.   He wouldn't allow my mother to come into the exam room with me, which should have been her first warning sign - but decades ago we didn't question doctors.  He didn't sexually molest me or anything; that's not the issue.

The issue was that he determined 2 of my teeth needed to be pulled.   He went out to the waiting room and got my mother's consent.  When he came back in and injected the Novocaine he didn't believe me when I told him I could still feel pain, and he kept going.   Then I *yelled* that I could still feel the pain, and started flailing my arms to get him to stop.   His response?   He had his assistant TIE ME DOWN!   Through my screams of pain, this man pulled two of my teeth without the benefit of Novacaine!   My mother said I was screaming as though I were being murdered, and it prompted her to come into the exam room when she couldn't stand it anymore - but by then it was too late.   The teeth had already been pulled and the damage was done.

For the next 8 years I refused to go to ANY dentist, until I had developed large gaping cavities that I could no longer ignore.   I've had the same gentle dentist for 25 years now, and I still cry the minute I sit in the chair - even if it's just for a painless cleaning.   He had difficulty believing the trauma I'd endured until I told him the name of the dentist who caused it.   Then he nodded his head and said if it were anyone else he wouldn't have believed it.... but with Dr. Koritzer, he was not terribly surprised.

#2 General Comment

Sorry you got bad vibes

AUTHOR: anonymous - (United States of America)

I stumbled on this report when I happened to be doing a quick search of the internet to find my dentist's phone number.  Even though the report was filed 5 years ago, I feel compelled to respond.

I have been a long time patient of Dr. Koritzor, maybe as much as 20 years.  I have usually had as good as experience as can be expected in a dental office.  Here's a few facts other potential patients may wish to consider:

Dr. Koritzer has been serving the neighborhood for probably around 50 years.  That should give you some idea of his age.  I should add that he taught dentistry for many years.  He also ends up doing charity work for certain folks who can't afford his services.  His office is a converted residential home and so it does not look or feel like a modern dental office.  It is an old building, but it is not dirty.  The examining room is small, but its usually just him and one office receptionist working there.  I'm guessing his overhead is lower since he doesn't use a fancy office and a bunch of hygienists doing some of the grunt work.

Those of us who are 50+ remember the years when no physician or dentist wore gloves.  That's really a recent practice.  I think the gloves are to protect the doctor, not the other way around.  By the way, if you ever look at latex under a microscope, its full of holes that any virus would have no problem going through.

One of the things that I like about Koritzer is that he does as much as he can to save a tooth.  That is he takes the route that keeps your teeth in your mouth instead of taking the most expedient way out.