Complaint Review: Richardson Motor Sports

• Submitted: Fri, December 29, 2006
  • Updated: Fri, December 29, 2006

• Reported By:Dallas Texas
Richardson Motor Sports
408 S. Central Expressway Richardson, Texas U.S.A.

Richardson Motor Sports Billed And Performed Unauthorized Repairs Overcharged for services. In addition, unauthorized, unnecessary, and expensive repairs were performed on my Seadoo GSX. Ripoff Richardson Texas

They added an external fuel filter to my bill without telling me about it. They sold me on the more expensive carborator overhaul when asking for repair authorization. The fuel filter was clogged and was likely the only reason my jet ski was losing power. The fuel filter was an unauthorized repair. I'm sure they didn't mention it since it only cost about $30, not the $350 of the carb overhaul.

Of course if they had mentioned that a $30 repair may be all that was needed, I would have just gone that route, taken the jet ski to the lake, and seen if that was the fix. I was not given the opportunity.

Other problems (besides that really big one):

1. I called other shops, and the $26.18 charged for the internal fuel filter is a gross overcharge for an approximately $1 part.

2. They added spark plugs on my bill without telling me. I put new plugs in the ski when attempting to solve the issue the prior week.

3. The company lied about service authorization with the BBB when I filed a complaint (but then later said they would refund the spark plugs).

4. Price gouging on the services performed.

A much better service provider in the Dallas area is Sammy White's Kawasaki-Sea Doo City, 3340 N. Beckley Lancaster, TX (972) 228-3772. Check their prices, and a couple other service providers in the area before ever leaving your Seadoo at this shop. Sammy White's quote was much lower for the unnecessary carb cleaning.

Brian
Dallas, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/29/2006 12:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Richardson-Motor-Sports/Richardson-Texas-75080/Richardson-Motor-Sports-Billed-And-Performed-Unauthorized-Repairs-Overcharged-for-services-227785. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Richardson Motor Sports