Complaint Review: Richmond Toyota

• Submitted: Tue, June 22, 2010
  • Updated: Tue, June 22, 2010

• Reported By: Furiousinindiana — Fountain City Indiana U.S.A.
Richmond Toyota
5601 Natonal Rd E Richmond, Indiana United States of America

Richmond Toyota Bait and Switch-False advertising Richmond, Indiana

*Consumer Comment: *Furiousinindiana, Make sure to 'Google' this- RIP OFF REPORT RICHMOND TOYOTA BIGGEST JOKE I'VE HEARD IN YEARS, and read....

We received a flier in the mail that listed a special deal for repossessed cars.  This was for a sale going on June 15-19.  Said all credit was ok.  We have bad credit but I am desperate for a car.  The cars prices started a $72.00 a month So I went out and was grabbed by a salesman named Brian.  First we dealt with a lottery ticket we had that said we had won one of four prizes.  NO we had to scratch off another ticket.  Of course we didn't match anything.  But we were told there was another prize that wasn't listed.  A vacation.  He came back after taking our little scratchoff ticket and said we had one the vacation.  He brought us one of those big fliers with tons of small print writing.  It was one of those vacation scams where you have to send in money and go listen to sales pitches.  anyway.  We are in a chapter 13 so I had to get a lot of paperwork in saying it was allowed for me to buy a car. He told me I was approved and would have no problem I just had to get in the paperwork from the trustee.   I had told him my situation and told him we needed a small payment because I have been ill for a couple of years and am working only part time till I get my disability.  He said no problem. So it takes a couple of days of  trying to get the paperwork in.  Of course he wasn't there the next day so I had to wait. Took three tries to get the fax in, they kept saying that they didn't get it.  Finally they got it and I talked to him and told him my husband and I would be out in the afternoon.  He asked what kind of payment and I told him the trustee would only let me have a $225.  payment and he just went Oh...  I said that anyway I wanted one of the cars that was advertised for $72-110.  Dollars and he said they didn't have any of those cars, that they had been sold the week before.  I said well I don't understand that because my flier said the sale was the 15th- the 19th.  His reply was that the sale had actually started the week before and that some people got the flier the week before.  Yeah right!  I guess the dates were just a misprint.  I thought this kind of thing was illegal.  They are nothing but scam artists.  They wasted a bunch of my time and energy which is valuable to me because I am in pain all the time and would not have went out there to begin with but for their false advertisements.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/22/2010 06:39 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Richmond-Toyota/Richmond-Indiana-47374/Richmond-Toyota-Bait-and-Switch-False-advertising-Richmond-Indiana-615993. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Richmond Toyota

AUTHOR: Karl - (USA)

Ripoff Report #271771.

I believe that Ripoff Report is about the same dealership that you went to, right?