Complaint Review: Richmond Toyota

• Submitted: Fri, March 07, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, March 07, 2008

• Reported By:miamisburg Ohio
Richmond Toyota
5601 National Rd E, Richmond, IN Richmond, Indiana U.S.A.

Richmond Toyota do not trust Richmond Toyota Richmond Indiana

When shopping for a car in Dayton, I came across a dealer who only wanted to pay me a wholesale or auction price for my trade in. I called over to Richmond Toyota and spoke with Nick about my car and trading it in there. Nick immediately told me that they wanted my trade in and this would not be the case at Richmond Toyota. I then told Nick that I needed him to hang up and go speak with whoever would be making that decision and call me back when he was 100% sure of a price range. I would drive over that evening if I was assured of what price range they would offer me. I also told him that it would be better if I did not come at all if we were not certain of a price range that did not involve the wholesale price.

Nick called back and gave me a fair range of prices and I then drove over to Richmond. When I got there it was clear that Nick had explained the situation to the employees that he had talking to me. It was very odd that Nick himself would not talk to me. First I was told he was busy, then later told he was not there. After going through some of the normal stuff they then offered me the wholesale price, just as if somehow I would have lost my mind and forgot about all the effort I put in prior to driving over to Richmond.

This was an insult to me and a very big mistake on their part. I have since spoke with Toyota Corporate and Richmond Toyota and I am completely dissatisfied with the response I am getting. I want an apology form Richmond Toyota and Nick, with an acknowledgement of what they did and why they did it. I for one will not be buying another Toyota when they allow dealers to treat customers with such an utter lack of respect

Mike
miamisburg, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/07/2008 12:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Richmond-Toyota/Richmond-Indiana/Richmond-Toyota-do-not-trust-Richmond-Toyota-Richmond-Indiana-315690. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Richmond Toyota