Complaint Review: Rick Hendricks Cheverolet Atlanta

• Reported By: Screwedovermom — Jacksonville Florida
Rick Hendricks Cheverolet Atlanta
3277 Satellite Blvd Duluth, Georgia United States of America

Rick Hendricks Cheverolet Atlanta Awful presale service check Duluth, Georgia

I purchased a 2012 Nissan Versa from Rick Hendricks the last week of Dec.  I needed a vehicle to get me and my daughters around in. I had gone through a terrible separation in which I lost everything, and had just had my bankruptcy discharged. I was scared to get out there, but I needed transportation. I figured that I big dealer would have better quality cars and I would have a better chance being approved for a loan. About a month ago I started to hear a noise when hit the breaks. Do to my busy schedule I recently took it to Midas to get an inspection. My front breaks were new, but my rear break system was completely gone. The shoes, cylinder, drums, and hardware on each side need to be replaced. I know that i purchased a preowned vehicle, but Rick Hendricks advertises that they provide a 168-point check on used vehicles with less that 80,000 miles on it. I believe that my rear break system was overlooked. I have had this vehicle only 90 days and I have put 6000 miles on it mostly highway. I recently relocated to Jacksonville FL.  I contacted the service  department and spoke to Hugh Brown who seems disinterested in my situation. He said he would investigate and call me back. He never called back. I contacted him this morning and was told that he spoke to the Service manager as well as the Preowned Sales Manager and because I could  not bring my car in there was nothing they could do. First of all I live 500 miles away, secondly the breaks were so bad I could not leave Midas with my vehicle. I would have had to have it towed. Midas faxed their findings to Hugh, he never said anything about what had to be done or whether or not he checked to see if the vehicle was checked properly. The mechanic at Midas said that the damage was older than my purchase date. I feel dismissed. I have 4 children that I provide for soley. I just bought this car. I should not have to shell out $717 to pay for a break repair. I believe that more could have been done had Hugh and anyone else there been concerned enough in the their work. I have been riding around in a car with now rear breaks for 3 months. All I notices was a squealing noise about a month ago. I don't believe that big car dealers should be able to get away this type of neglect. I will never do business with them again nor would I ever recommend anyone I know do business. I plan on reporting their behavior to the better business bureau and whom ever else will listen. Consumers should have confidence in purchasing a vehicle. It should not always be such a gamble.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/03/2013 05:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Rick-Hendricks-Cheverolet-Atlanta/Duluth-Georgia-30096/Rick-Hendricks-Cheverolet-Atlanta-Awful-presale-service-check-Duluth-Georgia-1040238. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Rick Hendricks Cheverolet Atlanta