Complaint Review: Rick Johnson Tire and Auto

• Submitted: Sun, November 08, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, February 13, 2013

• Reported By: Dean — Naples Florida U.S.A.
Rick Johnson Tire and Auto
6505 Dudley Drive Naples, Florida United States of America

Rick Johnson Tire and Auto "Fair and Honest" my a$$! Naples, Florida

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Rick Johnson Auto and Tire Response

I recently took my car in for a checkup. I had it thoroughly inspected, and got a list of everything needing repair. It was a fairly normal list; brake work, fan belts, etc., but times are tight and I wanted a second price.

I asked my wife to take it to a place near her work, Rick Johnson Tire and Auto on Pine Ridge Road, to get a second inspection and quote. She didn't tell them the car had already been inspected.

After their inspection, they told my wife that the CV joint seals were bad and needed to be replaced, to the tune of several hundred dollars.

I took the car to a third mechanic to get the seals checked, and was told that the CV joint boots hadn't cracked, they had been deliberately cut with a knife.

You may want to think twice before taking your car to this place.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/08/2009 04:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Rick-Johnson-Tire-and-Auto/Naples-Florida-/Rick-Johnson-Tire-and-Auto-Fair-and-Honest-my-a-Naples-Florida-521263. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Rick Johnson Tire and Auto

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Rick Johnson Auto and Tire Response

AUTHOR: Rick Johnson - (United States of America)

Dear Dean,

I apologize that this was your experience. We are under the impression that this matter has been resolved. If there is anything that we can do in the future to help you or earn your business, we are here to serve.

Respectfully,