Complaint Review: Rickenbacker Group - Collection Agency

• Submitted: Fri, January 28, 2011
  • Updated: Tue, February 22, 2011

• Reported By: Bill — Chambersburg Pennsylvania U.S.A.
Rickenbacker Group - Collection Agency
15005 Concord Cir Morgan Hill, California United States of America

Rickenbacker Group - Collection Agency Habitual Extortion & Fraudulent Collections Tactics ~ Violate FCRA & FDCPA Laws ! Morgan Hill, California

*Author of original report: Letters to Attorney General's Office (in GA & CA) worked !

*Author of original report: Upon your comments

*Author of original report: What's Confusing ?

*Consumer Comment: A VERY CONFUSING REPORT!

* I terminated an Atty (Chris Vaughn - Vaughn Law Firm ~GA) for his unethical legalconduct/performanceand non-performance of his legal duties when I paid him $9,000. Atty. Chris Vaughnthen sends $1,260 bill to Rickenbacker Group ("RG") Collection Agency (June 2009) (after he was terminated) to make false claims I owed him additional money because he was pissed because I fired him. I disputed his so-called false debtwith Rickenbacker Group ("RG") repeated times andI spoke with (4)Collection Agents at'RG'that had no more experience than a cashier at Wal*Mart.

I spoke with RG's Supervisor ("Alex") who then forwarded me to "Brenda" .. who then said Stacey Angst ("Compliance Division") would be contacting me. In review of the many documents I've sent "RG" by email they have grossly ignored me and refusing to fix this problem and they have FALSELY reported this on my EQUIFAX Credit Report as owing "RG" for $1,260.

I've disputedthis matter (4x) with Equifax against "RG" because this (abusive) extortion and"RG" Collection Agency has violated every FCRA & FCDPA (Federal) Laws and harassing meto pay additional funds I do not owe RG personally and furthermore....Atty. Chris Vaughn (Vaughn Law Firm (based in GA)) violated FCRA/FCDPAby engaging in unlawful extortion harassment tactics to get me to pay fees when he was previously terminated for his services. I had contacted RG's "Stacy Angst" and received many of her voicemails (no return calls)...I've sent emails that she has received...no return emails either.

When I requested "RG's" Owner, CEO name and contact information...ALL these Collection Agents lied and said, "We don't have that information" (and forward you to Stacey Angst's voicemail (again, 4x). After researching RG's profile (on their website)...Low and Behold...look what's on their website.... the CEO's name and email address! Carlos Casas, CEO, CCasas@RickenbackerGroup.com . I've called (3x) only to have my phone calls "screened" as "He's not in...let me transfer you to his Voicemail." THEN....I called a week later and the Agents were "screening" the calls again and insisted I be transferred to their H.R. Dept. (Wait a minute..I'm not applying for a Job...I want to report a Legal Violation that Mr. Casas is responsible for and NEEDS to fix!

I've contacted EQUIFAX and they're no more knowledgablethan a bag of hammers because when you "dispute" something on your credit report, the "investigation" goesright backto the Collection Agency and all the Collection Agency does is "validate your name/address" and not review Federal (FCRA/FDCPA) Laws becausenone of these Agents have anylegal knowledgeor meansof following the Law. Why would Equifax send a disputeBACK to"RG" for investigation that I have a dispute with? Conflict of Interest and shear bias decision because RG isn't going to find THEMSELVES at fault (oh no....that would never happen.)

Ifiled a complaint to the Atty. General's Office (in GAandCA) for RG to be informed of their collection abuse extortion tactics and demand they remove their name from my Credit Bureaus because I will sue them for $2,000 for each FCRA/FDCPA Law they've violated. Just because RG ison the West Coast, they're not going to 'outrun'the Atty General's Office's (in CA & GA) becauseFCRA/FDCPA Laws have to be enforced on these Collection Agences to stop abusive/extortion collection practices and they need to be sued.

If anyone has similar problems, POST your complaint on this website...file grievances for investigation to the Atty General's Offices...get it done to stop these Collection Agencies (like "RG") from abusive/extortion harassment. I'm sure Carlos Casas, CEO, CCasas@RickenbackerGroup.com would enjoy hearing from you (and being contacted from (your local) Atty General's Office) to fix the severe problems they're causing and violating Federal Laws also.

This report will notbe removed until Carlos Casas, CEO, Rickenbacker Group & Atty. Chris Vaughnremovethis false reporting on my Credit Report(s). If (both) Parties do not remove their names from my Credit Bureaus, they will beliable for punitivedamages that I will pursue in Court (promptly).

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/28/2011 07:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Rickenbacker-Group-Collection-Agency/Morgan-Hill-California-95037/Rickenbacker-Group-Collection-Agency-Habitual-Extortion-Fraudulent-Collections-Tactic-687857. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Rickenbacker Group - Collection Agency

Letters to Attorney General's Office (in GA & CA) worked !

AUTHOR: Bill - (U.S.A.)

My Letters to (both) Atty. General's Offices (in CA & GA) worked!  I received notice from Equifax that Rickenbacker Group had removed their name from my Credit Bureau.  I did receive an email from the Atty (Chris Vaughn) still insisting he wasn't going to remove my name from the Collection Agency.  I informed him what he did was unlawful harassment and Violation of FCRA/FDCPA using "extortion" tactics and he made false claims of additional fees after I had terminated his services for misrepresentation and unprofessional conduct (which I'm still pursuing against him).

For now, Rickenbacker Group was taught a very valuable lesson....AND if Chris Vaughn still attempts to (falsely) list my name on ANY Credit Bureaus (and Collection Agency), I will proceed with immediate legal action against him for punitive damages under wrongful harassment and extortion collection practices.

For those that have the same problems with Rickenbacker (and Credit Bureaus)...DO NOT give up!  Pursue every legal action and write to the (local) Atty. General's Offices in the offenders locality and have them promptly investigated for their unprofessional conduct.

Until then (Mr. Chris Vaughn)....we still have a business matter to resolve and until it is (satisfactorily) resolved....I will continue to pursue every legal action against you (and your Firm) for what you did.  Rickenbacker Group (finally) realized I wasn't playing their game anymore and  it took an Atty. General's Office to make them realize that to cease their shenanagians so you would be extremely foolish and naive to think I'm going away.  What you did grossly violated Federal Law and citizens (like me) are not going to tolerate your childish games.  Life is tough...life is tougher if you're (going to play) stupid.

Letters to Attorney General's Office (in GA & CA) worked !

AUTHOR: Bill - (U.S.A.)

For now, Rickenbacker Group has been defeated....but if Chris Vaughn attempts to (falsely) list my name on ANY Credit Bureaus (and Collection Agency), he will be sued in Court for damages.

For those that have problems with Rickenbacker (and Credit Bureaus)...DO NOT give up!  Pursue ever legal action and write to the (local) Atty. General's Offices in the offenders locality and have them promptly investigated for their unprofessional conduct.

Until then (Mr. Chris Vaughn)....we still have a business matter to resolve and until it is (satisfactorily) resolved....I will continue to pursue every legal action against you (and your Firm) for what you did.  Because Rickenbacker Group (finally) realized I wasn't kidding...it took an Atty. General's Office to knock on their door to cease their shenanagians so you would be extremely foolish and naive to think I'm going away.  What you did was grossly wrong and violated Federal Law and citizens (like me) are not going to tolerate your shenanigans either.  Life is tough...life is tougher if you're (going to play) stupid.

Upon your comments

AUTHOR: Bill - (U.S.A.)

Yes, I have reviewed your information. However, been through Atty. Complaints and what was done was unethical. There's NO limit as to what you can sue for but $1,000 for each offense you can assess punitive damages also.

What's confusing to you? You fail to understand the processes I've already been through and I also have to file an Atty. Fee dispute based on the same facts I've just stated to you. The GA Bar Assn. hasn't done anything and (very seldom) does the Bar Associations "find guilt" on their own attorneys is like punishing your "Golf Partner" on the same team. See my point here?

What's Confusing ?

AUTHOR: Bill - (U.S.A.)

What's confusing about this report? 'RG' Collection Agency is habitual offenders of FDCPA/FCRA Federal Laws.

A VERY CONFUSING REPORT!

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

This report is VERY confusing as the OP never actually gave the specifics on the "rip off".

Did you hire this attorney to fight a collector that was coming after you for money, OR did you hire this attorney to collect money for you, or to fight erroneous entries on your credit report? You never specified.

Long winded rambling with no bullet statements or sentence structure is very hard to follow. You should just get to the point with the fewest words possible.

You don't need a lawyer to fight false reports on your credit file. There is a very easy dispute process that usually works with just a few well wordeed, concise, dispute letters.

I don't know where you came up with the $2,000 figure for tha FCRA and FDCPA violations. The statutory damages, by law, are UP TO $1,000 on these violations, plus costs.

It appears that you turned something very simple into a major disaster.

However, you can file a Bar Association complaint against the lawyer for failure to represent as agreed, or other ethical violations.

FYI...The AG's office cannot help you as this is not their jurisdiction. The AG's office DOES NOT represent individual consumers, that is what the courts are for.

Knowledge is power. Always step back and get some education before taking impulsive, and costly actions.