Complaint Review: Rickenbacker Group

• Updated: Wed, May 04, 2011

• Reported By: Denise — Gustine California United States of America
Rickenbacker Group
15005 Concord Circle Morgan Hill, California United States of America

Rickenbacker Group False collection on my credit report for $3,568 for a vehicle I never had any interest in. I have disputed this with them several times but to no avail. They also were trying to collect from the cars Morgan Hill, California

*Author of original report: Clarification Response

*Consumer Comment: Clarification

Rickenbacker Group has been harassing me since March of 2007.  I have only received 3 letters from them back in 2009 asking for over $5000 in towing charges for a vehicle I have no interest in. I went to DMV over and over again asking to pull a report on said vehicle and DMV said I had NO interest whatsoever in the car. After calling Rickenbacker Group back several times disputing the facts and asking them to send me the proof that I have an interest in the vehicle.  They said they got the information from DMV and once I disputed that then they stopped calling and writting letters to me.  I just pulled up my credit report and surprise!  I have a collection account for $3568 to Rickenbacker Group. They reported it to the credit reporting agencies in 07/2007, which is when I demanded the proper proof of information and then never heard from them again.  It does say that I am disputing the claim however this is going to stay on my credit report until 12/2013.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/03/2011 02:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Rickenbacker-Group/Morgan-Hill-California-95037/Rickenbacker-Group-False-collection-on-my-credit-report-for-3568-for-a-vehicle-I-never-725145. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Rickenbacker Group

Clarification Response

AUTHOR: Denise - (United States of America)

I have never had this car registered in my name nor was I ever an owner of the car. I have contacted the DMV on several occasions and they agree that I never had my name associated with this car.  I hope this answers your questions. Thanks!

Clarification

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

What do you mean that you have "no interest" in the vehicle?

Is this a vehicle that you have NEVER owned or had registered in your name?

Were you one of the registered owners where it was actually the other owner who used the car?

Is it a vehicle that at some point was registered to you and it was towed when you no longer "owned" it?

Have you gone to the DMV and see what the records show?

The answer to these are really going to determine what, if anything, is your next action.