Complaint Review: Ricky Jones Of US Government Finance Department

• Submitted: Wed, March 08, 2006
  • Updated: Wed, March 08, 2006

• Reported By:Womelsdorf Pennsylvania
Ricky Jones Of US Government Finance Department
24 Global Business Building Mountainview Lake, California U.S.A.

Ricky Jones - US Government Finance Department Federal Grant Ripoff -- remember, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is! Mountainview Lake California

On 03/08/2006 at approximately 8:40 p.m. EST I rec'd a telephone call from a gentleman who introduced himself as Ricky Jones (employee #V1204) of the US Government Finance Department & Bank of America. Ricky had a very strong Indian accent which I had a difficult time understanding. He stated that he was working for the federal government & that I was to receive a $4500 grant for paying my taxes on time. He stated that my name was selected to be one of the few to receive this grant & that I could use it for anything that I wanted & I didn't have to pay it back. He stated that the $$ was coming directly from the Bank of America & all I had to do was verify my name & address (which I did since he already had asked for me personally & stated my address to me). He then asked me for my bank information. I told him who I banked with, but when he asked for my account # & routing # I told him that I would not give him this information before verifying all the information he told me (i.e., company name, address, phone #, etc. -- which he gave me w/no complaints even though it take him awhile with the 800# -- with my bank or other agencies). He stated that every time I mail a ck anyone has access to my account info so why would I not give it to him -- this is when I really became suspicious. He stated that the $4500 would be deposited from Bank of America within two business days and that my banking info was imperative to make this deposit happen. He also stated that the call was recorded & that he would transfer me to someone who would confirm all my information & give me a confirmation/reference #. I explained that I did not want to continue the process tonight, but I would call back tomorrow after verifying the information he gave me. He then told me that the $$ might not be available to me tomorrow. I told him oh well, I can't miss what I didn't have. I believe that this is a ripoff & will not be calling back tomorrow! Please beware -- remember, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is!

Womelsdorf, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/08/2006 07:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ricky-Jones-Of-US-Government-Finance-Department/Mountainview-Lake-California-95108/Ricky-Jones-US-Government-Finance-Department-Federal-Grant-Ripoff-remember-if-it-sou-180107. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ricky Jones Of US Government Finance Department