Complaint Review: Rico Smith - SRT International

• Submitted: Fri, December 29, 2006
  • Updated: Fri, December 29, 2006

• Reported By:Falls Church Virginia
Rico Smith - SRT International
PO Box 9093 Alexandria, Virginia U.S.A.

Rico Smith - SRT International Ripoff FRAUD ALERT Woodbridge Virginia

FRAUD ALERT: DO NOT BUY A CAR, or have any business relations with Rico Smith or SRT International. From experience Rico, that just started independently putting up used cars for sale has zero business ethics. On 11/27/06 Mr. Rico Smith sold me a 95 Saturn, clearly assuring me that he had gotten the vehicle checked out by his mechanic and I should not have any immediate or major problems with the car right away. He also said the car was a $1,200 car so I may have to fix the car here and there, but nothing major.

Since I thought I knew Rico, I was not expecting him not to cheat me out of my money just to make a quick buck or the level of service he provided to me after he sold me the car. Exactly a week later on my way from work the car stopped running in the middle of the road and I immediately called Rico to report the problem with the car. I had the car towed to my mechanic who informed me that the car is having transmission problems. To fix a transmission can be extremely expensive and I was not expecting to have to fix the car a week after I bought it. I call Rico and asked him if he would refund my money and he refused. Initially he volunteered to help me fix the car on his time, but he ended up not honoring his words again and gave me no amount of money what-so-ever to fix the transmission. Rico unethically sold me a car that had transmission issues and will cost me $700 to get the car fixed. This situation has been nothing but inconvenient and a struggle.

Take this information as a source of knowledge, never buy a used car with out getting the car checked out by a mechanic - you trust, regardless of the relationship you have with the Seller. And of course DO NOT buy a car from RICO SMITH to avoid being put in my predicament, car-less, moneyless, total loss. HE LEAVES IN WOODBRIDGE, VA. He usually advertises his cars on craigslists.com and word of mouth. For more Information you can email me and please feel free to forward this information to anyone who will listen

Fatmatu
Falls Church, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/29/2006 04:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Rico-Smith-SRT-International/Alexandria-Virginia-22304/Rico-Smith-SRT-International-Ripoff-FRAUD-ALERT-Woodbridge-Virginia-227838. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Rico Smith - SRT International