Complaint Review: Ridenow Powersports

• Updated: Thu, August 29, 2013

• Reported By: asudevil — Phoenix Arizona
Ridenow Powersports
3333 N. Arizona Ave Chandler, Arkansas USA

Ridenow Powersports Service will recommend repairs that are not necessary Chandler Arizona

I had problems keeping my bike started after being fired up. I took it to this authorized dealer of Vstar motorcycles thinking the mechanics would know exactly what they are doing. First problem is they said they needed an additional hour of diagnosis time to troubleshoot. I did authorize it but never should have because even though they did discover a problem they claimed other parts of the bike were at fault. They said my CDI ECU box needed to be replaced. This is an expensive part so I got a new replacement part from another company and replaced the part myself, in the parking lot of the repair facility, and it did not fix the problem.

I showed the service advisor immediately and he said "oh, it must be something else". They took the bike back in the shop and another week went by before calling me to say that the stator and pickup coil needed replacing and the carburetor needed cleaning and new replacement needle jets. I agreed, they replaced it, and my starting problem and clicking noise went away, but, because of the carburetor work the bike was running lean, mis firing, and would not idle correctly. I did not discover this until after I rode away on my bike. I took it back to them yet again, and it sat for over another week and they finally called me and said nothing is wrong with the bike.

I clearly stated that they created NEW PROBLEMS AFTER I took it to them to fix the original startup issues. These problems were caused by the carburetor work. I confirmed this with another repair facility in which the bike was fixed. The 3rd party repair shop confirmed nothing to the carburetor should of been done because of my startup problems. In fact, because Ridenowpowersports did carburetor work, they did not connect a vacuum hose in which caused by bike to mis-fire, run lean, and not idle correctly. Ridenowpowersports was given a 2nd opportunity to fix their mistake and still did not repair my bike correctly. I had over $390 worth of labor, parts, and tax charges that were not justified.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/29/2013 11:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ridenow-Powersports/Chandler-Arkansas-85225/Ridenow-Powersports-Service-will-recommend-repairs-that-are-not-necessary-Chandler-Arizon-1080164. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ridenow Powersports