Complaint Review: Riders Discount

• Submitted: Mon, October 08, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, October 10, 2012

• Reported By: Adam — riverside California U.S.A.
Riders Discount
2336 112th Avenue Internet United States of America

Riders Discount ridersdiscount.com Misleading Return Policy, Internet

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Return Policy

I ordered from Riders Discount a pair of pants, which did not fit as described. I was told I have to pay return shipping to return the item and I would pay for the original shipping price they paid.

"New, unused, and unaltered items can be exchanged or returned to Riders Discount for refund (minus initial shipping costs) within 30 days of their purchase."

The above quote is direct from their website. My initial shipping cost was zero dollars, now they tell me over the phone that it is what they paid for shipping is what would be deducted from my refund. They never disclosed what that shipping amount would be and now I am at their mercy to hopefully get some of my money back. When I checked out it said shipping was $0.00, so that is the intiitial shipping cost to me.

Their website is misleading and the fact that I would have to pay shipping both ways on a return item would make it worthless to ever return or exchange an item.

Buyer beware, this company will screw you if you ever want to return or exchange any items.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/08/2012 03:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Riders-Discount/internet/Riders-Discount-ridersdiscountcom-Misleading-Return-Policy-Internet-952494. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Riders Discount

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Return Policy

AUTHOR: Josh - (United States of America)

While I understand where you are coming from, we outline our return policy very clearly on our website and even give you a second copy when you are receiving an RA from our company.  We offer free shipping to give the consumer the best price possible on the item.  If an item does not fit, it the the buyer's responsibility for shipping charges.  If an exchange is not made, then we do recoup the original shipping charge we paid to send the item as the sale is no longer going through and we have no profit in the item being returned.  It would be unreasonable for a company to continue to pay for shipping if there is no profit in the sale.  We would have been happy to work with you on shipping costs had you been exchanging the item.