Complaint Review: Ridgid

• Submitted: Fri, June 27, 2014
  • Updated: Fri, June 27, 2014

• Reported By: Junky drill — Appleton Wisconsin
Nationwide USA

Ridgid Mislead and cheated. Lifetime warranty is a farce. Ridgid tools at Home Depot Nationwide

I like many others was cheated by the Home Depot/Ridgid scam. After about 2 years both batteries for a 18 volt Ridgid drill that costed me $180 were bad. After calling ridgid to see how the warranty process worked the operator looked up my registration and could see the drill,charger, and two batteries were registered.

I thought this was all good news until I was told they never received the receipt and UPC. She then tells me without this U am not covered for the lifetime warranty. I couldn't believe my ears as the only reason I purchased that drill was the lifetime warranty which I sent out the very next day.

After trying to resolve the issue at Home Depot with no success the emoyees try selling me a new "improved battery" wich has a 3 year warranty as long as you keep the receipt. Wow, the nerve. I will never buy anything from Ridgid or Home Depot again. I should have listened to others who said buy Milwaukee. I have been told by others Milwaukee and Ridgid are made by the same company but have yet to hear of the many problems like Ridgid.

2nd Rate overpriced junk

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/27/2014 10:18 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ridgid/nationwide/Ridgid-Mislead-and-cheated-Lifetime-warranty-is-a-farce-Ridgid-tools-at-Home-Depot-Nati-1157957. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ridgid