Complaint Review: Right Choice Pools....Matt Barrass

• Updated: Mon, July 22, 2013

• Reported By: Stewart — Boca Raton Florida
Right Choice Pools....Matt Barrass
3855 NW 124 Avenue Coral Springs, Florida USA

Right Choice Pools....Matt Barrass Beware Beware Beware...Right Choice Pools is the wrong choice....Matt Barrass an opportunist!!! Coral Springs Florida

*Author of original report: Matt has a bridge to sell everyone!

*Consumer Comment: I have noi issues with RCP

*Consumer Comment: Matt Barrass = SCUMBAG

First of all.....not only is Matt Barrass of Right (Wrong) Choice Pools and opportunist, he is in my opinion incompetent to do the basic maintenence on a pool unless you love the color green for your water color. Matt and his den of thieves were presented to us by our real estate broker who just happened to be Matts sister in law. We bought an unfinished house that needed to be finish and needed a pool permit. Matt was presented as the guy that could get the job done. In order to get the pool permit Matt needed to present a soil sample and  repair the deck by sloping it away from the house. We did not want to close on the house without the pool permit but the realtors and sellers persisted and I agreed to a $10,000 cash sum to go ahead and close. The $10,000 was well over what was needed but we would take the cash from this to pay for the $1000 permit fee, soil sample and deck paver repair which all combined should cost about 25% to 30% of the negotiated settlement. [continued below]....

.....

My wife was in charge of this project and Matt being the opportunist he is, took complete advantage of us and in a few swift moves while pocketing about 75% of the settlement cash for a green pool, no permit and a pool, that he said was built by a shotty builder. He did do some work but left to us a pool in even worse comdition. than the so called shotty pool builder.  I talked to my wife from the road and she told me that Matt would call and want to come over to the house and pick up a check for work he had done.

Gernerally, I'm used to getting a bill and paying in 30 days but I understand why Matt does this. He does it because his work is so bad that nobody would pay in 30 days. I felt we had been over charged and thought we had a credit. My thoughts were right but not according to Matt. You see Matt told me he was charging us $5,000 for the permit that cost $1000 and fairly simple to file. My thought was that he would get the work to fix the pool in order to get the permit but his idea was to grab the cash and we pay additionally on top of the $5,000 for the work. Matt is such a little man and such an unethical man. I bet he feels like a big man telling me my wife signed a contract where he hosed us. Turns out Matt applied for the pool permit after 2 months and he didn't do the work needed to complete the pool permit.

Again.....what a small soul he is!!!1 Taking advantage of my innocent wife! After reserching and looking at the 2 complete pages of complaints on Matt Burrass on google under rip off report with Right(Wrong) Choice Pools and formerly of Nationwide Pools, you would think it would be so much easier to do a good job instead of the SoFlo hustle! My wife tells me she feels stupid but I tiold she should not. In my business I have to deal with low lifes and con men as well and I think I'm pretty good at seeing pointing out these creeps but I still get taken. If someone is a bad soul it doesn't take an Ivy League degree to screw someone. I feel bad for the people that he has devastated....I can absorb his con and will sue him and make his life miserable for the sport of it because he deserves it and he needs to be stopped.

If anyone would like to sue him it is fairly easy and I would be more than happy to show anyone how to sue on your own without any cost to you other than a filing fee. We must make his life miserable and every deserving lawsuit will do this and hopefully stop his hustle. Everytime I hear Steve Millers song, "Take the money and run" I will be remindee of this creep. To all of you that have also been screwed by this con artist, rest assured that I will take the steps that will change his life forever! He will not play this game on anyone else. That is not a threat but a fact my friends! BTW Matts wonderful sister in law will miss out on a very nice commission when we sell this flip shortly......I like to keep things in the family!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/22/2013 02:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Right-Choice-PoolsMatt-Barrass/Coral-Springs-Florida-33496/Right-Choice-PoolsMatt-Barrass-Beware-Beware-BewareRight-Choice-Pools-is-the-wrong-1069154. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Right Choice Pools....Matt Barrass

Matt has a bridge to sell everyone!

AUTHOR: Stewart - ()

Don't be ignorant to Matt's lack of morals! Simply look up his last name on here and you will get a taste of his real non-fictional customers. Bad man and bad business!

I have noi issues with RCP

AUTHOR: New Home owner - ()

I just built a house in FL and RCP have been more then help full and have great prices.
I checked them at Angies list and they only have great reviews!!!

I currently live in CT, am not related to them but I think because they are honest people and have a good rep, I took the time and wrote this!!!

Evelyn R.
Fairfield, CT

Here is what Angies list says:

No     A     10/28/2013     I think they were fine. They were good. I just haven't thought of anyone to go with but they were one of the top. We are still deciding what exactly we want....
No     A     10/21/2013     It was easy getting a quote from them. Their demeanor was good, friendly and competitive.  Their price was competitive and lower than what other competitors had...
Page of Happiness Nominee     A     10/1/2013     RIGHT CHOICE POOLS TOOK MY BACKYARD AND TURNED TRASH INTO TREASURE! I shopped long and hard for a pool contractor to handle my backyard project and I couldn't...
No     A     8/5/2013     The work was a great experience from beginning to the end.  We had rain almost every day this spring but this company was able to complete the pool before the...
No     A     8/4/2013     Being in the service industry, my expectations are typically higher that the average consumer. Matt exceeded my expectations and is a true professional. He...
    Service Provider Response: (removed member name), Thanks so much for those kind words... Right Choice Pools prides ourselve on giving everyone that we work with 6...

I believe that people sometimes get carried away.

There are ways to resolve issues with builders in general.

You should ask for a warranty.

RCP asked us for $ 1500 deposit

another $ 1500 to submit plans for the pool and another 5 % down on the pool

All we have to pay now is 3 payments.

1st when they start the pool, 2nd payment when halfways completed and the balance due when the pool is filled with water and checked for leaks etc.

A friend of ours who is an engeneer will oversee the pfoject.

Matt Barrass = SCUMBAG

AUTHOR: GML - ()

These articles don't shock me at all. I see Matt Barrass is still up to his usual tricks. He is the scum of all scum. He ripped my husband and I off and uses bullying, and price gouging to make money on trusting, unsuspecting people. He is NOT a contractor. He is just a conman with no education and this is the way he, and his family operates. I see he's moved on from his brother's company and ventured out on his own to scam, lie and cheat his way through life. He's had other lawsuits and has a perosnal criminal past that is highly questionable. Steer clear from this annial. He pretends he is an honest businessman, but he's a compulsive liar and highly unethical in every way. I hope these homeowner's file complaints and sue the crap out of this a-hole. Altough he keeps resurfacing, he'll eventually croack in his own sh*&.

Sorry for all your troubles with this jackas... I too went through it as well.