Complaint Review: Right Choice Publishing

• Updated: Tue, March 19, 2013

• Reported By: Terry — Denver Colorado
Right Choice Publishing
1009-D NE Jib Court Lee's Summit, Missouri United States of America

Right Choice Publishing Jane Endicott, Jim Bell, Don't work here Lee's Summit, Missouri

I went to work for Right Choice Publishing. They handle hotel directories in the rooms.  They sell ads to local business's to be in the directories.  My first project they were disorganized but I met the owners George and Jane Endicott.  I liked them and trusted them.  They didn't give me everything I needed on the first project but I could forgive that.  There was a lack of understanding that I could adjust the pricing as they didn't tell me that nor did Jim Bell who is the Regional Manager.  The second hotel I stayed in that town I was bitten by bed bugs and almost quit.

My next project was a joke.  I was sent to Maize, Kansas.  I was to work 1 hotel there but the advertisers from the year before 1/2 were out of business because of construction on the road leading to the hotel.  It was very hard to get anyone to advertise in the directory from the town because the road at one point was one way going away from their businesses to the hotel.  Coming from the hotel was such a hastle that most didn't even try.  Throughout the projects that I worked with them the standard was not getting the proper information.

I was sent into Emporia, Ks. to do just 1 hotel but the advertisers from the previous year wouldn't do it unless they received all 4 hotels from the year before.  I called the office and spoke with George who said we would do all 4.  Later Jane called and said that was supposed to have been decided by Jim Bell.  Next they brought me to the home office to help.  I worked a small project for a couple of days and then had nothing for the next 3 weeks.  Being on commission only that doesn't work.

I felt like I was being held hostage more than 500 miles away from home and not getting paid enough to quit and go home.  Finally they got a project which the hotel management was concerned as they had not received books in the past.  That should have been the final straw but I kept going.  I was sent to another project that someone had been on but didn't sell enough. I was promised 30% commission by George on this project but now they aren't paying me for it!  My next project was a mess again.

They didn't tell me that someone had been there 6 to 8 weeks before me and sold nothing.  I sold more than they had the previous year and now have not been paid on the balance of that project claiming I didn't hit the minimum yet I was in the 30% category for that project.  I went to another and almost tripled it.  I was on the road for more than 6 months without going home.

I finally quit after the incompetent bookkeeper Emma played another of her stupid games.  She bounced checks for customers who postdated checks because as she told me she never looks at the dates on the checks!  That was the first thing I was taught in High School Accounting.  I was due to be paid on 12-7-12 and my check was withheld.  After that I no longer wanted to waste a second with them.  I am still waiting to get paid what I am owed!  They tried to scam me shorting my check and marking it paid in full!  If I cashed it I wouldn't get anything else.

George is a great guy and called me to come back.  But he didn't know what his wife Jane and Emma had done.  It's sad because George had a heart attack and then had a coronary episode but his wife and the company are putting so much pressure on him I am afraid they will kill him!  Jane has no business sense.  But Jim Bell who is also an Insurance Agent in Oklahoma was the one who chose to violate my contract and pay me on 12-7-12.  I have not been paid for ads from the first project which makes me wonder if they ever produced it!  It was to be out in 6 to 8 weeks but 5 months after I was e-mailed because they said they didn't have 1 advertisers ad.  I e-mailed it to them and they still told me that they didn't have it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/19/2013 08:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Right-Choice-Publishing/Lees-Summit-Missouri-64064/Right-Choice-Publishing-Jane-Endicott-Jim-Bell-Dont-work-here-Lees-Summit-Missouri-1036270. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Right Choice Publishing