A very good friend of mine purchased a condo from Right Place Properties 7 months ago. At first, she was very excited about the purchase but not any longer. During a visit, I noticed there was a dark color on the baseboards and wall in several places. This is when she explained the frustrations and stress that her and her family were experiencing. There was extensive water damage to an adjoining wall between the kitchen and bathroom. The wall was so wet that when you pressed gently, the wall would move. They had figured what would be the problem with cutting a hole in the wall and this is when they noticed mold was growing all over the drywall and structure. She showed me that there were pieces of drywall inside the wall as if the water problem had happened before.
She mentioned to me in the last few weeks that many of the residents in both the buildings are experiencing the same problem..... BLACK MOLD. I went to see her this week and noticed that a condo in the other building had been taped off and signs posted that it was a health hazard and that you should not enter without protective clothing and a breathing apparatus. A neighbor of hers had a team of "mold removing experts" out to remove the BLACK MOLD from her condo and received a bill for their work. All the neighbor would up with is a bill for 1000.00 and she still has the BLACK MOLD. I would think that RIGHT PLACE PROPERTIES would want to take care of the bill, don't you......??
In speaking with some of the other residents, she was informed that she should have received a post remediation "all clear test" from an Industrial Hygienist, that is a test that is done before she moved in that is completed by the sellers to report that there was no mold, she is required to have that certificate if she wants to resell the condo. Another neighbor has had to move the bed to the front room as the walls are torn out of the bedrooms and bathroom.
While searching the internet on black mold I came across some intresting but scary facts about black mold. There are serious health problems associated with having it in your home such as asthma, skin rashes, fatigue, depression, flu-like symptoms, trouble breathing, nausea, loss of memory, loss of hearing, loss of sight, bloody noses, arthritic- like aches, chronic headaches and epileptic-like seizures. This worries me very much considering the 3 year old child in the home, and that these problems are more likely to happen to younger children or elderly people.
The name says RIGHT PLACE PROPERTIES.... I think it should be WRONG WAY PROPERTIES..... the "slum lords" of Phoenix.