functional

• Updated: Tue, November 27, 2012

• Reported By: Speakingforthesilentmajority — Michigan United States of America
RightWay Auto Sales, Waterford, Michigan
2257 Dixie Hwy, Waterford, Michigan United States of America

RightWay Auto Sales, Waterford, Michigan THIS PLACE SELLS LEMONS! STAY AWAY! Waterford, Michigan

My significant other purchased a lemon from this shifty business within the last six months. The financing, even with a steady job, a solid foreign car trade-in, and admittedly less than perfect credit, was a joke. I felt then that their sales team ripped her off on her car payment by about $50-$75 a month (not including the joke of a warranty...more on that later). I was extremely unhappy because they purposely low-balled her on her trade-in. I've worked in customer service and sales for more than 20 years. I know how deals are done and this was horrid.

Nevertheless, my girlfriend decided to retain the vehicle using the "oh it's got three-star plus warranty"...I wasn't buying that logic (still don't)...but MAN I hate being proved right.

Within a WEEK of purchasing her lemon, her "Check Engine" light lit up. UH OH here we go. We were told it was just a faulty sensor and everything was fine. Hey, wait a minute...doesn't RightWay claim to have their cars fully inspected and ready for purchase on the lot?

Well the Waterford, Michigan location uses a company for "repair" and inspection called Lookin' Nu Auto Sales. This company serves two services. First, they have a buy-here, pay-here lot. That in of itself is fine, but they also do repairs for RightWay. Maybe it's their mechanics because I've got a buddy who works as a reputable auto repairman in my home area telling me it seems like we should be lucky these "mechanics" know how to change oil.

Remember that "Check Engine" light that was not an issue. Well, guess what? It was. The "mechanics" that she HAS to go to (otherwise her joke of a warranty is void) are saying that it's a CO2 sensor. Oh and the BEST part...it's NOT covered under warranty. Well now the car's not running and my girlfriend is stuck with a $400 repair that RightWay of Waterford should in good conscience cover because this is a DEFECT. This is not a repair due to wear-and-tear (like brakes, break pads, spark plugs, etc.).

My advice? Take a bus to work. Have a friend drive you everywhere. Go to a REPUTABLE dealer (which I did after I saw the horrific "deal" they gave my girlfriend) and get a car...do whatever you have to do to avoid this LEMON lot.

The Lemon Law in Michigan has been so watered-down by the state GOP congress that the pure definition of what legally counts as a Lemon car is so over-the-top, it protects ripoff artists like these. Sad.

Avoid RightWay of Waterford at all costs. Only do business with them if you're ready to get ripped off and have a ton of headaches!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/27/2012 07:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/RightWay-Auto-Sales-Waterford-Michigan/Waterford-Michigan-48328/RightWay-Auto-Sales-Waterford-Michigan-THIS-PLACE-SELLS-LEMONS-STAY-AWAY-Waterford-M-974254. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on RightWay Auto Sales, Waterford, Michigan