Complaint Review: Rightway Auto Sales

• Updated: Tue, January 29, 2013

• Reported By: Becky — Clio Michigan United States of America
Rightway Auto Sales
573 S Dort Highway Flint, Michigan United States of America

Rightway Auto Sales Scam with the promise of "fixing your credit" Flint, Michigan

We went to Rightway in April of 2012 after our car broke down. We had enough money to buy a car from a private party, but we were hoping to get something that would have a warranty of some kind. After running our credit and realizing we have no score (it comes back N/A as we have never had a line of credit issued). We explained to the salesman that we were hoping to purchase a home, but didn't know where to start at building our credit as we got denied for a credit card. Our salesman went on to tell us how they are not just car dealers, they want to help you fix your credit. He went on and on about how after 6 months we would get all kinds of pre-approvals, and things in the mail and after a year would be able to get a conventional loan. We purchased a 2002 vehicle and in the first 3 weeks it was in the repair shop more than I was able to drive it (Rightway paid for all of the repairs). We pay $400 dollars a month, and each time I make my payment I think of the house we are hoping to buy. Now it is 9 months later and we just applied for a home loan. When our credit was pulled they showed us our score was still N/A and Rightway (or the actual lender Gateway Financial) has never reported anything to a credit bureau. Now I have to start over at the beginning and probably wait another year (at least) to try to build a score with a secured credit card. In the meantime I am still stuck paying way to much for a car not worth it for nothing, because I know if I give it back Rightway will definetly make sure THAT gets reported.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/29/2013 04:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Rightway-Auto-Sales/Flint-Michigan-48503/Rightway-Auto-Sales-Scam-with-the-promise-of-fixing-your-credit-Flint-Michigan-1005686. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Rightway Auto Sales