Complaint Review: Rightway Auto Sales

• Submitted: Wed, March 12, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, March 12, 2008

• Reported By:Flushing Michigan
Rightway Auto Sales
Pierson Rd. Flint, Michigan U.S.A.

Rightway Auto Sales "New car".. whatever Flint Michigan

Being financially handicapped, I went to Rightway Car sales in Flint, MI. My friend had bought a car there and was happy, so I figured I'd check them out, see what they had and what I could be approved for. I met the salesman, who was great. He was truthful in the car I could or could not get, and got me into a sunbird. Not what I wanted, but I needed something to use for work. This was in October. Mid November comes, and it I was heading home, and my head blew a gasket. I had to pay $300 to get it towed home, where it sat. I called Rightway, because I didn't have the car a whole month, and figured they would be able to get it fixed, since I was under warranty still. They made me call the warranty company, which I did. That company told me to have a certified mechanic look at it and call them, which I did. Get this: they wouldn't cover the repair because I had to prove the gaskets didn't go bad, causing the head to crack. Anyone who knows about cars knows this is impossible, because to look at the gaskets, you have to take the head off and the gaskets are sealed to the head, so when you take the head off, the gaskets will tear and hence, no proof could be established. The car ended up being towed by Gateway Financial, and they sold it at auction for $200, and are now charging me for the $3,000+ I owe for it!! No credit for the freezing walk home, or the tow charge, or the charge from the mechanic to look at it. I thought I was dealing with a reputable company. Wrong!!

David m.
Flushing, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/12/2008 01:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Rightway-Auto-Sales/Flint-Michigan/Rightway-Auto-Sales-New-car-whatever-Flint-Michigan-317303. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Rightway Auto Sales