Complaint Review: Rightway- Gateway Financial

• Reported By: tonya — Bay City Michigan United States of America
Rightway- Gateway Financial
Wilder Road Bay City, Michigan United States of America

Rightway- Gateway Financial Sold me an unsafe car!! Bay City, Michigan

In January of 2010 I needed a car. I had been through the "buy here, pay here" thing before and it never really seemed to do much for me. I went to Rightway just to see what I could do. Of course my credit is marred and they presented a great deal with 0 money down!

I was offered the car I was interested in during a snowstorm for a 24 hour test drive. It had some minor issues but the car lot says "don't worry we will fix it!" After all of MY footwork and some serious behavior issues that I had to exhibit it was all fixed. However there still is problems with the car and I had to pay $100 to get the work done!

So here it is March of 2010, and now am in turmoil with the financial company as well. I had a payment due and was afraid it may bounce due to a HUGE energy bill. I did what I thought was the right thing and immediately called Gateway Financial. They set up another pay date for me and I went on. Needless to say the bank allowed the first payment to go through. Now Gateway Financial is threatening to shut my car off because they say I owe $31 for setting up an alternate payment date that turned out I didn' t need anyway!

Nothing but issues since day one with the car lot and the financial company. I am going today to return the car to the car lot and begin a long and dragged out battle with the financial company I am sure. The car was not in good working condition and now the financial company just wants to nickel and dime the customer for trying to do the right thing!

Stay away from this car dealer and the financial company as well. For the 2 months I have had the car the car has been in the shop 4 times as it was UNSAFE!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/29/2010 07:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Rightway-Gateway-Financial/Bay-City-Michigan-48706/Rightway-Gateway-Financial-Sold-me-an-unsafe-car-Bay-City-Michigan-586714. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Rightway- Gateway Financial