Complaint Review: Rigid Tools

• Updated: Mon, June 30, 2014

• Reported By: Steve — Clinton Tennessee
Rigid Tools
Nationwide USA

Rigid Tool does not honor warranty Rigid sticks their warranty work providers with unpaid for warranty work. Nationwide

I chose to purchase a Rigid tool cord tool set because of the lifetime warranty on the tools and the batteries. Two batteries went bad and I got them replaced at a localshop that did Rigid warranty work. They went bad again so I went back to turn them in for warranty replacement. The owner told me that he no longer did work for Rigid because they came up with several excuses not to honor their warranty. It got so bad he stopped dong work for them. I felt bad when I realized he got stuck for the cost of the batteries he'd replaced for me.

I have now been to three different places who all the same story.

Now I'm stuck with a $500.00 dollar tool set with only one battery that works, and it only holds a charge for a short while. New batteries are $120.00 a piece and I guess when they go bad I'd get ripped off again.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/30/2014 05:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Rigid-Tools/nationwide/Rigid-Tool-does-not-honor-warranty-Rigid-sticks-their-warranty-work-providers-with-unpaid-1158596. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Rigid Tools