Complaint Review: Rika Van Der Gryp

• Submitted: Thu, August 18, 2011
  • Updated: Fri, August 19, 2011

• Reported By: Scam12345 — Pretoria Internet South Africa

Rika Van Der Gryp ID6809260092083 Scam of a for sale Jurgens Explorer 4x4 Caravan ZAR 40000.00 Internet

*Author of original report: RIKA VAN DER GRYP ID NO: 6809260092083

*Consumer Comment: Common scam.

I saw on Junkmail a Jurgens Explorer 4x4 Caravan for sale for R42000.00. I replied on the ad by email. Two weeks later went by when I recieved the sellers reply by email saying that the caravan is still available. She said she is divorced and is living in the United Kingdom now. She said that she is a Verified Trader and the transaction will be done through eBay. She said that when I'm ready to purchase I must send her my details for the offical procedure and that eBay will notify me about it. She also said that eBay will send me a invoice with all the info to complete the transaction. She also said that a 10 day refund policy is included so if I'm not satisfied with the caravan then I will get my money back. I emailed her my details, done the payment and emailed her the proof of payment. So she said: details of delivery will follow. Later the evening she send us a email saying that her husband is not satisfied with the amount we must deposit a nother R10000.00 in the same account but she will refund us the R10000.00 after we recieved the caravan. We got suspicious and the following morning went to the bank who notified us that the money was already withdraw by her. We send a enquirie to the eBay Transaction but are still waiting for a reply. We asked for our money back because we do not have the extra R10000.00 that she wants and she said if we donot pay the R10000.00 we will loose all our money.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/18/2011 12:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Rika-Van-Der-Gryp/internet/Rika-Van-Der-Gryp-ID6809260092083-Scam-of-a-for-sale-Jurgens-Explorer-4x4-Caravan-ZAR-4000-766789. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Rika Van Der Gryp

RIKA VAN DER GRYP ID NO: 6809260092083

AUTHOR: Scam12345 - (South Africa)

This culprit also trade as Helanie Fourie with email adres [email protected]

Anyone with info please contact me at [email protected]. Thank you. Gods Blessings

Common scam.

AUTHOR: Flynrider - (USA)

This scam is very common here in the U.S.   I'm not surprised to see it going on in S.A.

"she said if we donot pay the R10000.00 we will loose all our money."

Don't pay it.   You've already lost the money.   You were not dealing with Ebay.  You were tricked into sending money to scammers.   Right now they are trying to get a bonus on their scam.

You were probably instructed to send the money to the fake Ebay using an untraceable cash transfer such as Western Union or Moneygram.   This is the key to the scam as they can disappear with the money without leaving a paper trail for authorities to follow.

Ebay only handles transactions that are made on the the Ebay auction website.   The invoice sent to you was merely a fake designed to get you to wire the money.

Sorry that you lost money on this scam, but please do not send them any more.